Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 16

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, dang. So no preset mixed berry combos. *kicks a rock* So I'd have to add ten raspberries, five cherries, 20 blueberries, etc. Okey dokey.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

crogagnon is offline Member
    Hehehe... make sure to weight them with an atomic scale.

All joking aside, you could create a recipe, which would include the 3 berries in question in an estimated ratio, e.g., 40:30:30. Then you only have to add the recipe to your journal whenever you eat those berries.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I thought about that. But I'd rather just eat the berries and not log them in that case.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I love this tool! It is extremely helpful, and I'm very impressed with how responsive you've been to user suggestions. It was handy to begin with, but you've really developed into something great.

One suggestion I have - it would be nice to be able to view recipes as a sort of mini-journal, in order to see which ingredients are causing, say, a spike in the O6:O3 ratio, where certain nutrients are coming from, etc.

One more thing - thank you for keeping the base version free! I'm thinking really hard about whether I can afford a membership, though, as you certainly deserve to be compensated for such a great tool. :-)

Thanks!

Yes, I like the mini-journal view for recipes! Great idea! I need to revamp the whole recipe builder tool; I'm not proud of it as it is now.

I'm not a fan of "bait-and-switch". I plan on keeping it free for as long as I can afford it. With enough premium members, that should be forever.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Just signed up for this, thank you, it'll really help!!!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Digeobehibbus is offline Junior Member

Hilly Girl is offline Junior Member
    Just started to use paleo Tracker today as I was determined to start keeping track of my food intake again to see what's going on. Seems great so far, easy to use, easy to add custom foods and recipes. It is really cool to see what my ratios of omega fats are as i was totally unaware of how this was working out.

i was hoping to find a good android app to use on my phone for convenience however after reading a few threads on the forum I decided to try this instead, unfortunately I can't afford the paid version so i will have to practise some discipline in remembering what i ate and adding it all when i sit at the laptop.

Thanks so much for producing a really useful tracker that can still be used for free :-)
    PaleoIrish

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
    Henry David Thoreau

I blog here sometimes: http://paleoirish.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/PaleoIrish

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I am not finding pork rinds. Are they there? (I have added as a custom but they are a fairly standard primal food.)
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Pork rinds are listed as "Snacks, pork skins" in the database. I have the nutrition data for plain and BBQ flavor.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast