Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 15

andrejjorje is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Fantastic tool. Work in progress but with huge potential. By far MFP is best on the market but it is not Paleo and it has many bugs and needs. I use it because of the Android app. I do have an account with Paleo Track and I already started to play with it.
    Comments on the way.
    Keep up the great work!!

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I like it, but why is the food I look for always so far down the list? I roasted a turkey and put in 'turkey', then gave up halfway down the list because I couldn't find it. Surely roast turkey should be higher up the list? Also when I put in Coffee, Cream topped the list and I had to search way down for brewed coffee, which I think should be the first thing in the list. Same for eggs, etc., raw egg was way down. I'd rather find weird things like one hundred versions of instant coffee somewhere else (or even only under 'instant coffee') than hving to scroll around and scan lists for a normal cup of brewed coffee. I understand if this doesn't apply to anybody else, but I don't think I want to search so much....can you put in a function that the lists put on top things you already have selected before? sort of learn what the client uses so it gets better with time?

Oh, and otherwise it is a great side! I love the breakdown of things, nicely done. And I should've said that first.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    LOVE this! Thank you!

I also used fitday for tracking and this is so much better. I love the omega 6:3 ratio, the flags, the congratulations banner. It's neat!

Pea

doctorkira is offline Junior Member
    thanks for building this--a lot went into it! I have not read all of the pages of posts, so I may be repeating, but it would be extremely useful to provide stats on grass fed beef, free range chickens/eggs, raw milk&cheese, etc, as the numbers are grossly different, mostly in terms of calories and fat quality--so my omega 3:6 ratio was off, but I bet if the actual products I consume were used, it would shift, as I do use dairy since I do not really like meat that much, but it is whole raw milk and raw cheese when I can get it (I cheat on yoghurt)........and ONLY use grass-fed beef pretty much direct from the farm. Thanks!

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Very cool! I was looking for something like this! I just started with My Fitness Pal, but will absolutely be using this in conjunction - hopefully with the idea of switching over completely when I have enough of my custom stuff entered in to make it easy to track things.

Thank You!
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I signed up and I really like it. The only thing I would like even more was as mentioned a better breakdown for good dairy. Like the Kerrygold butter? Which is a much better butter than regular. Thanks for doing this

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Been using your tracker for a few days and I am very impressed. I've added a few custom things, very easy. Really makes it easier to get my ratios correct. Thanks!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

crogagnon is offline Member
    I'm back!

In the past 5 months, I was unfortunately too busy with my day job to work on PaleoTrack. Sorry!

But now, I'm happy to announce that I have a lot more free time to work on PaleoTrack, and will be adding new features more regularly. Tuesday, I released a Food Journal redesign, potassium-to-sodium ratio, and other improvements that have received positive feedback so far. Please check them out and give me your feedback.

Thanks,

Marc

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Why do my duck eggs have to be raw?

No berries?
    Last edited by Knifegill; 12-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

crogagnon is offline Member
    It's hard finding complete nutrition data for foods. Most sources only provide values for a few nutrients. But, if you want an accurate nutrition report, I have to make sure all the foods in the database have complete accurate nutrition data.

For duck eggs, I only found complete nutrition for them in their raw form. I believe it's better to add them raw to your journal than adding a cooked version that only tracks a few nutrients.

As for berries, you need to be more specific to the type of berry you ate. The database contains entries for blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and many more.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast