Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack page 12

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well done Mark!

I do find it interesting that there is a 500 kcal difference between what I ate today on your site vs. fitday. Roughly 2000 on fitday and 2500 on yours. Not sure it matters, just an observation.

crogagnon is offline Member
    I've been crazy busy at work these days so I haven't been able to update PaleoTrack as much as I would have wanted. However, I did find some time today, so I added a few nutrients to the journal (.i.e., sodium, potassium, fiber, cholesterol, alcohol, and caffeine). In a few weeks I'll have more free time, so I'll finally be able to add the more complicated features that have been requested.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Thanks a lot !
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much!!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Best tracker I've seen anywhere. Made my day.

Ideas:
    - list supplements (vitamins etc)
    - have a weekly tracker where you can see how well you did over the week rather than day to day.
    - Just a fun, silly idea: maybe have an optional list of foods to fill nutritional gaps as a pop-up under the nutrition analysis (e.g. the person's chart says they are only at 5% for vitamin A and only 1% for vitamin K and you say "Hey why not try some liver and kale!")

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    An option to mention sun exposure to influence the vitamin d %

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    Awesome. I've tried them all and get so frustrated with the CW advice. Keep up the good work!
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

BygoneCat is offline Member
    Thanks so much for this tool- it is helping me a lot.

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    I just started to use fitday a few weeks ago, I changed over from livestrong. I don't like the fact that fitday does not let you put in recipes and it is soooooo slow!!! so right from the start I like that you can do do recipes on Paleotrack. haven't done it yet, so don't know how easy it is. I just tried fooling around with Paleotrack today, entered a few custom foods. two things I can't figure out yet, how to edit a custom food once it's in the system and also tried to put in my multi vitamin and there is no spot for vitamin e in IU's. also was wondering about putting in my omega capsules and can't figure out that one. Oh yeah, one more thing.... my eggs have omega 3, DHA and ALA in them, but there was not a place to put this in when entering them as a custom food. maybe they are called something different and that's why I can't figure out where to put the numbers.

thanks!

maclynne is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just started to use fitday a few weeks ago, I changed over from livestrong. I don't like the fact that fitday does not let you put in recipes and it is soooooo slow!!! so right from the start I like that you can do do recipes on Paleotrack. haven't done it yet, so don't know how easy it is. I just tried fooling around with Paleotrack today, entered a few custom foods. two things I can't figure out yet, how to edit a custom food once it's in the system and also tried to put in my multi vitamin and there is no spot for vitamin e in IU's. also was wondering about putting in my omega capsules and can't figure out that one. Oh yeah, one more thing.... my eggs have omega 3, DHA and ALA in them, but there was not a place to put this in when entering them as a custom food. maybe they are called something different and that's why I can't figure out where to put the numbers.

thanks!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast