Thread: Vegetarian?? page

Suek Guest

I am new to eating Primal, and have been a vegetarian for over 20 years. I have recently added chicken to my diet, but cannot eat red meat(just grosses me out!)Has anyone been successful eating this way but avoiding red meat?

maba is offline Senior Member

Suek, Mark's wife Carrie used to be vegetarian but she now eats fish. Have you seen her pictures on the site, she looks amazing and has been Primal w/o red-meat.

g2baker is offline Member

I was a vegetarian for several years, I can eat red meat now, and I really like it. Do you think you could eat fish? Salmon has lots of flavor and fast and easy to cook.

Suek Guest

I have started adding more fish to my diet and I'm trying to be creative- I did see the pictures of Mark's wife and I'm inspired. Just wanted to know if others were also successful and how creative one had to be to to get good results (weight loss, lots of energy)!

rcloutier04 Guest

My only suggestion of course would be make sure you salmon/fish is wild as much as possible! You can definitely make it work, just be sure to use coconut oil/butter/cream to help you out every step of the way. How do you feel about eggs?

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

yeah, NO farmed fish EVER!!

Ever, Ever!!

zentofitness Guest

Red meat is not totally necessary on the PB. Sure it is a good source of nutrition but you are fine eating just fish and chicken..... I am pretty sure if you check the crossfit.com boards you will find some people who have converted from Vegan/Vegetarian to a more Primal lifestyle.

Asturian is offline Senior Member

There are always the grub worms in your backyard if red meat grosses you out

As others noted, fish, poultry, and eggs are great sources of protein. Myself, eggs gross me out

I'll have the roast duck with mango salsa please.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Suek Guest

PrimalCon New York

My salmon is wild! I have even gone from an egg white eater to eating the whole egg! Lots of changes for me - it has been 1 week of eating this way.