Thread: Time to start participating!! page

vivayeshis is offline Junior Member

Time to start participating!!

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): ummm.....54....dang!!
    How Primal are you: Pretty much full on

Do you consume dairy: 'fraid so - love greek Yoghurt & Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight - have lost weight in the past but always put it back on as I was a big carb girl (both)

Favorite exercise: walking & light jogging

Favorite Primal food: everything

Best part about being Primal: starting to feel great, I know I have not lost any weight yest but it's wierd I feel lighter somehow. Not getting on the scales till a full week being primal has passed.

Worst part about being Primal: nothing really can totally live without grain. There's more to life than a sandwich!

Received Mark's book finally ( was so hanging out for it - being down under took 2 weeks to get here) so cannot get enough of Primal, reading everything I can get my hands on. Makes complete sense to me. Because I want to lose about 8 kilos I will have to monitor my calories in for a while and I tell you I have found this amazing app for my iphone called MyFitnessPal it is truly the best resource to help track protein, carbs, fat, calories etc very user friendly and gives you summaries for each day - thoroughly recommend it.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Hi there
    We're close to the same age, except I am your senior (. I've been grain-free for 5 months and find that life and food are much more varied and wonderful without it. The few times, away from home, when I have had a bit of flour (e.g. in a sauce) it has not been good for me at all. I have bone on bone arthritis in my lower back; with grains, I have pain, w/o grains I am pain-free. I also have no acid reflux. I have lost 5 inches from my waist; I have not weighed myself. I just finished reading the book "Wheat Belly" which is well written and researched, and has convinced me (if that is what I needed) that my choices 5 months ago were the right ones. I am reading Arthur DeVanney's (sp.?) book now and he suggests NOT jogging but does recommend almost exactly what Mark Sisson does in PB Fitness, the e-booklet that we get from the website. Congrats on your decision to move towards wellness

vivayeshis is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply & encouragement - I am so lucky with my health as I really have no concerns whatsoever. I am glad to know that you feel so well on 'no grains' makes me more motivated as my one complaint is bloating and I feel so miserable when I am. I am going to find "Wheat Belly" to read up on thanks for the info. I like to get my heart rate up a bit and find it easier to jog although it is probably more aptly described as a geriatric shuffle! I am lucky to have the beach just down the road so sand walking helps with the heart rate as well - now that summer is almost here will be doing a lot more! Best wishes!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Cheese and yogurt are fine if they work for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, I'm from Perth aswell!