Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate brisket!!!!! page

TorMag is offline Senior Member

I hate brisket!!!!!

Shop Now
    I hate brisket, last time I tried it, I was 16 years old, so that makes it roughly 31 years ago..... After reading through here, seems everyone loves it. So give me some good ideas to on how to fix it.

Thanks.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    What is it that you don't like about it? If what you had umpteen years ago was over done and dry, there is always slow cooking to keep it juicy and make it tender.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a huge fan, either. It's pretty tough for the price you pay. You have to braise it or smoke it to make it really good. A good dry rub, smoked with hickory for hours, then finished with applewood...oh man. Oh God, that's killing me right now.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

strom is offline Senior Member
    crockpot 10 hour cook with the bbq sauce I made, search the forum for it.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I hate brisket, last time I tried it, I was 16 years old, so that makes it roughly 31 years ago..... After reading through here, seems everyone loves it. So give me some good ideas to on how to fix it.
    Slow roast for several hours. 5-8 maybe.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    5-8 hours? 10 hours? My gosh, it really needs to be about 20-24 hours! Haven't ya'll heard of "low and slow" ? This stuff needs to be cooked *SLOW*!

norak is offline Senior Member
    24 hours? That's about 23 hours and 30 minutes more than I am willing to spend preparing a meal. Anyway, if you don't like brisket, you don't have to eat it, so why worry about it?
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

TheFitFatKid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    24 hours? That's about 23 hours and 30 minutes more than I am willing to spend preparing a meal. Anyway, if you don't like brisket, you don't have to eat it, so why worry about it?
    What about 15 minutes of prep followed by 23 hours and 45 minutes in a slow cooker, still too much work for ya? I love piling a weeks worth of meat into one of those and getting it all cooked up in one day.

I do agree with Norak's other sentiment though. If you don't like something, just don't worry about it! Cook food you enjoy eating (and preparing, for that matter.) I prefer loading a slow cooker up with a nice leg of lamb or a pork shoulder. When it comes to beef, give me a nice grilled sirloin tip, and I'm happy :-).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    See the problem is after 31 years am I really being fair to the poor brisket? I was a carnivore before going primal, so I thought I should give brisket a fair chance and I am looking for a good way to cook it......

Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    What is it that you don't like about it? If what you had umpteen years ago was over done and dry, there is always slow cooking to keep it juicy and make it tender.
    I am having troubles remembering my password to MDA, you expect me to remember something from 30 years ago? ;-) My guess what that it was tough and dry. I don't do dry meat very well. People think I am strange because I hate chicken breast, give me a thigh and drumstick any day. "What do you mean you don't have a dark meat chicken sandwich?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast