Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCT oil page

Finnabair is offline Senior Member

MCT oil

Shop Now
    Got a bottle of MCT oil and took the first dose (probably two teaspoons) last night. Had HORRIBLE diarrhea this morning.

Anybody else have this issue with it?

I have to drive all day tomorrow, and I am *not* going to take a dose tonight, but I'll try again later in the week. I think.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Medium chain triglyceride oil derived from what? How was it derived? What ingredients are listed?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Palm kernal and coconut oil. Pharmaceutical Grade. 100% MCT Oil is the only ingredient.

This one:
    NOW Foods - MCT Oil - 32 oz.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you just take coconut oil? It's got to be cheaper and it's mostly MCT anyway.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

I had been using coconut oil, but I wanted to try the MCT because of the info about helping with Alzheimers. Not that I have Alzheimers.

I just need to know if someone else has had this response to it. There's always the possibility that my distress was a virus or something else.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Help with Alzheimer's...is there some reason you think that doesn't apply to Coconut oil....pretty sure it does. The only advantage would be the palm oil...it is also supposed to be a good oil at least the red palm unrefined kind from what I've heard. It may have a few good things in it that coconut oil doesn't have..? Is MCT oil refined somehow? Or is it just a combination of the two oils? If its refined that may do something to it you don't want...which would mean you are better off buying the two oils separately and using both.

http://www.mynchen.demon.co.uk/Ketog...ts/MCT_oil.htm

Found an interesting post on MCT oil...still trying to find the process for making it. It sounds like its just palm oil and coconut oil mixed...but how do they process/mix it... depending on the answer it might not be as good. Its probably still good for you but there may be better options ..don't know without more research.
    Last edited by Raiken3712; 10-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

I've read this lady's blog, but I don't have the link at my fingertips right now.

Here's a news article:
    Doctor says an oil lessened Alzheimer's effects on her husband - St. Petersburg Times

Here's Dr. Newport's website:
    http://www.coconutketones.com/

I'm *still* wanting to know if anyone has experienced digestive distress from MCT oil. The other chatter isn't what I'm seeking.
    Last edited by Finnabair; 10-04-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I mixed a bottle of 50-50 MCT/Coconut oil and it's working well for me. More than 1 tbsp. straight MCT gave me diarrhea.

I did make an awesome mayonnaise using 1/2 c MCT, 1/2 c bacon grease and 2 egg yolks!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I think I've heard that MCT oil is derived from coconut/palm oil via fractionation. Basically, the oil is heated to liquid and the heavier, more saturated fats go to the bottom. So I don't think the processing would be a concern, but I could be wrong. From what I've heard one advantage of MCTs is that they're less likely to be stored as fat than other types of triglycerides. That and they promote ketosis, which I guess is why they're beneficial in Alzheimer's treatment.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Well my link mentioned someone having stomach troubles in it...with MCT oil...or are you wanting to know if anyone on this board personally has had issues?
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast