Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 6-10kg journal page

nuraan is offline Senior Member

Last 6-10kg journal

Primal Fuel
    Before PB - 85kg / 187lbs - Waist measurement 103cm (since a year ago)
    Currently - 65kg / 143lbs - Waist measurement 75cm (been this for the last few months)
    Goal - 59kg / 130lbs (55kg / 121lbs will be even better)
    1.63m / 5.4 tall (or short)

Eggs for breakfast with coffee
    chicken/fish or beef with salad/veg for lunch and supper

My vices are chocolate, nuts and dairy (full cream greek yoghurt and cheese - i normally dont drink milk)

Starting yesterday i stopped chocolate, nuts and dairy (except whey protein on workout days). I included 2tsp coconut oil with breakfast and lunch and had THE most amazing smoothie last night after my workout - pure whey protein with a handful of strawberries and coconut milk - really yummy! i will definitely do this again.

I've been the same weight for a few months now so am eager to lose the last few, I'll be ok with 59kg but would really LUV to be 55 but definitely don't want to be super thin - wish me luck
    ... and any advice is appreciate

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    I have no advice for you but will certainly cheer you on if that helps. I'm half an inch taller than you and with the same kind of weight goals which however I'm trying to be flexible about, instead would just like to comfortably fit into a certain pair of jeans which would mean losing an inch or so in my thighs and a little bit around the hips. What is your exercise routine ? I've heard that sprint workouts are great for fat loss.

hey Pineneedles, thanks - I go to gym thrice a week for 90 minutes at a time - I normally vary the weights, powerplate and slow workouts on the elliptical but will always do intermittent sprints on the stepper, bike or elliptical for about 15 - 20 minutes. During the last few months that i weighed 65kg i started working out and even though the weight stayed the same, i got leaner - which is what i want at the end of this ... no wobbly bits lol ... I'd love to do more but my life is already full as it is ... i'm hoping that my tweaked eating plan will help shift the weight. What do you do ito exercise and eating?

PapaGrok is offline Member
    The last pounds (kilos) are the hardest (in my experience). You're definitely on the right track by eliminating chocolate, nuts and dairy.

I finally lost that last 5 lbs, and I did it by eliminating dairy (high fat yogurt is so delicious!). I only use nuts as a condiment in salads, and will indulge in dark chocolate 1-2 times a month. Tracking everything I eat also helped (I use paleotrack.com). Some days I would eat well over 3500 calories without noticing. That's when I know I should do some IF'ing.

Good luck!

thanks PapaGrok, my fingers and toes are crossed that it works - how do you manage to have chocolate 1-2 times a week without pigging out - i sometimes find it hard to stop once i start.

have any of you felt nauseous after having the coconut oil/milk ... before lunch i had some beef jerky and coconut oil then later some beetroot and mussels (maybe its that ) and now i feel lousy

PapaGrok is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraan View Post
    thanks PapaGrok, my fingers and toes are crossed that it works - how do you manage to have chocolate 1-2 times a week without pigging out - i sometimes find it hard to stop once i start.
    I said 1-2 times a month!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    have any of you felt nauseous after having the coconut oil/milk ... before lunch i had some beef jerky and coconut oil then later some beetroot and mussels (maybe its that ) and now i feel lousy
    It's normal to feel nauseous when shotting coconut oil/milk if you're not accustomed to much fat in one setting. You probably don't have enough bile to cope with the amount of fat yet. No worries. You will!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member

Yes I've had this too - when I gave up milk in my coffee I'd read coconut milk was a good substitute so the first time I tried I put way too much in... afterwards I felt so nauseous it nearly put me off the combo. And I hadn't exactly been eating low fat. Interesting that it's the lack of bile.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Bile, produced by the liver, acts to some extent as a surfactant, helping to emulsify the fats in food providing a largely increased surface area for the action of the enzyme pancreatic lipase. Without it, it would be very had to digest fats.

Source: Bile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - a very interesting read, btw.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This thread is interesting. I'm trying to loose the last 3-4 kilos and at a stuckpoint with what to do. If I track my calories I then worry that I'm eating too many calories as its the fat in things that add the calories up, and I'm only talking about small amounts of fat like cooking in butter etc, but then if I don't eat the fat its more or less a low fat, low calorie diet which is what primal is not about. I actually gained these kilos after switching to primal 12 months ago and have been about 80% this year as I wasn't making any progress so just stuck about which way to go forward! It could also be i'm not eating enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast