Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive weight loss story page

Chochobo is offline Senior Member

Massive weight loss story

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

First lets start by saying going primal is the best thing to happen to me besides renewing my faith to god but thats another story, anyway...

Please forgive me in advance for the long story, but its something i went thru and i hope u enjoy the read.

To give u an understanding of how much i lost here is me when i started, not sure how big i was(and i do regret not weighing myself, but i was scared) but talkin to ppl i think i was over 395 lbs. Unfortunately i dont have any images of me at my heaviest but its the closest one i got.

Wearing a 5xl shirt almost 6xl, 58-60 waist line, it was very difficult to find clothes for myself. Now ive been big most of my life, in the 9th grade i was 275lbs and i never went down only up. At this time i was not even on SAD, it was strictly fast foods, maybe a liter of soda a day no sweat. Dont get me started on sweets, i can throw down a box of doughnuts in 10mins. Man looking back i dont know i how ate like that, lol. I came to a point in my life where i just got tired of all the loneliness and hard times of moving around huffin and puffin, hence the image of me smokin pot. My sleep was very scarey for ppl around me, other than the sound of a lion comin out of my mouth, the frequent not breathing was worse. So i decided to change.

I wanted to start fierce and fast. Cold turkey on fast foods, especially soda. Only problem was i started way to fast, in the first 4 days i was running hard, after the 5th day, being that big i had a mild stroke. Come to find out i had mild angina in the bottom of my heart. So after the scare of that i gradually started walking, changed my diet. Eventually the weight was just coming off like crazy, adding in resistant bands maybe a lil jog here and there. I lost an estimated 150-175lbs in one year, with no help but my self motivation. Here is me at about 250lbs.

Heh i was happy with 40lbs but f it, i kept it going. Since i was lookin good and feelin great, i started to get into the mode of "hey i went this far, lets see how far i can push", so i started a gym this is where my chronic cardio came in. So i went from one extreme of being huge to over working out myself to points of complete exhaustion. Which is fine if its every once in a while. I was at the gym 5-6 times a week going hard for at least 2hrs a day. Problem was my gym was the UFC gym over here and i hired a trainer, he taught me a lot about myself, mainly how hard i can push myself. It felt really great. Thing is i was with him only 2 days a week. I would train the other days by myself. To give u an understanding of what i did in one day of working out: 4miles @45min on the stairmaster, took a 5min break, did extreme HIIT session with kettlebells, burpees, heavybag throws (50lbs) and sprints, about 5min sets with 30secs rest, did that 4 times in a row. then to finish my day i ran 5miles doing starting at 6.5speed going up and down on speed to 11. Then i played golf since i work at a golf course and its free. Thats just one day! Well with all that cardio what else can i do to replenish my fuel, carbs central. My main source of carbs was of course wheat products, thing is i stayed at 191 pounds for 2 months stuck. No matter what i did even cut back on calories which was a bad idea, i used a calorie counter that u put on ur arm, it said i was burning close to 6k a day. This me at 191.

Let me say being VLF/HC is very difficult if not impossible to reach that amount. Anyway i know its getting long, so heres the main point, since going primal about 4 months ago ive gone down to 161 pounds with 10% BF, im 5'11". I recently got skin removal surgery for the massive weight loss in december, so my skin isnt 100% healed as u can see and im not ashamed to show it, im very happy with the results. And i love being primal, grain-free, specially wheat, sugar-free. And love eating red meat and bacon and of course coconut, woot!! Specially not having to do massive amounts of cardio to achieve this.

Thank you for reading my story i hope u enjoyed it. God bless and wish u guys the best of luck.
    Last edited by Chochobo; 10-04-2011 at 06:51 AM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    My god...that is not even a transformation....it's like you have been re-born a whole different person. Just amazing. Congratulations!!!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Nice job. Some of us have been stuck for a year or more and you rocketed right on past. I'm interested in what your typical daily menu looks like.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    That's freaking amazing. Congratulations!

thank you. i IF'd for 22hrs today so went a lil lighter on calories. here is what i ate today, usually eat 2-3 times a day in a 9hr window, since im pretty active i need my sustenance. IF days im keep carbs pretty low, do about 80-90g a day but im usually 60/15/25. the cauliflower was boiled in coco milk with some curry spices, then food processed for the "mashed potatoes" texture. love doing that with cauli.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    OMG!!!!! Amazing!!!!! Good for you! Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Nicely Done! Also, what is the most you lost in a month?

TeaDub is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on an amazing transformation! Don't know what else to say but....wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Nicely Done! Also, what is the most you lost in a month?
    Id say it was close to 50lbs but this was during the beginning of the weight loss since carrying all that weight around doesnt take much to lose it if ur doing the right things, ie diet and exercise. i was calories restricting pretty hard for a good few months went to about 1k-1.3k a day. funny thing is i can eat about 1.5k in any given day now and not feel any bad effects on primal.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Holy Cow that is just amazing. I'm speechless!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast