Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAP results....now with more Lyme! page

tac99us is offline Member

VAP results....now with more Lyme!

Shop Now
    So i got my VAP results back today. I was hoping that they would improve over the past year. They actually got a little worse, and i found out I have Lyme's disease to boot. Awesome.

So i was having weird pains. horrible foot pain for 2 days, then gone. unbelievable shoulder pain for a couple days, then gone. and so on. So i asked my Dr to give me a Lyme test (am i really supposed to be the one aking for it) . and I have it. Had it for 3 months i think.

Do you think that throws off my VAP results????
    LDL is SUPER HIGH i think

LDL - 298
    HDL - 43
    VLDL - 20
    Tri - 74
    pattern A - bouyant

results a year ago:
    LDL - 306
    HDL - 58
    VLDL - 18
    Tri - 64
    pattern A - bouyant

any suggestions/advice? Dr. is beating Lipitor drum again.

dado Guest
    well, good luck to you. i have no suggestions.

my aunt has lyme disease, i don't know, she seems fine. i don't know what she does for it. sucks.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    Lyme can be devestating to your health. I hope you can find someone who really knows how to treat it. I've been tested 100 times; it's hard to detect if you've had it a long time. It's good that you haven' t had Lyme for very long. Strong antibiotics should get rid of it. Then you'll have to do some serious candida clearing. Take plenty of pro-biotics, but NOT AT THE SAME time as the meds. You will feel like shit on the meds, but that means they are working.

It sounds like your numbers are getting better, but your LDL is really high. I'm not really an expert, so I cannot really say. More veg, more olive oil. Work on the stress. Sleep well.

Best of luck.
    Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    I'm not an expert either. Those numbers suggest either familial hypercholestrolemia or hypothyroidism. I would get a heart scan - the kind Dr William Davis does - to see if there is calcified plaque in your arteries. If not, all is good on that front (and there is absolutely no reason to take statins). If you have some, again investigate the hypothyroidism.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    You list "Pattern A" but don't mention the percentage. If your LDL is 100& Pattern A (mine is), then you really have nothing to worry about (from what I've read). The LDL that's all Pattern A is not harmful as is the 'small, dense" type in Pattern B.

However, 100% Pattern A is usually found with high HDL, so I wonder about your LDL pattern.

I would be more concerned about your low HDL.

Which number on the report would give me the pattern A %? I just see a * that is in about the middle of the pattern A field.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    I would be more concerned about your low HDL.
    This was my initial reaction as well. The HDL number isn't good and does not suggest all Pattern A. I would like to see the triglyceride and HDL numbers reversed. What does your grain, legume and nut intake look like? If you're eating too many of either of them, it'll lower your HDL. PUFA's are bad for your HDL, saturated fats are good for HDL. I would consider starting to use coconut oil and butter to cook in instead of pork fat, olive oil, avocado oil, poultry fat and the more monounsaturated fats with higher PUFA content.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

i eat a good bit of nuts, basically no grains, no legumes ever.
    my HDL dropped 15 points over the past year. I have been working out this year a lot more than previously, so i was surprised (and depressed) about that.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tac99us View Post
    i eat a good bit of nuts, basically no grains, no legumes ever.
    my HDL dropped 15 points over the past year. I have been working out this year a lot more than previously, so i was surprised (and depressed) about that.
    Nuts are low saturated fat, loaded with omega 6's, have next to no omega 3's, are more calorically dense than chocolate and have higher levels of phytic acid and lectins than any grain. They're a recipe for bad blood work. Try laying off the nuts and upping saturated fats, like grass fed butter, good quality beef and coconut. More beef, fatty fish and lamb, less chicken and pork IMO.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

does that cause Triglyceride rise also?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast