Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is sugar worse than smoking? page 4

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Incorrect. The smokers smoke everywhere, ignoring the rules, like on a bus stop. You can't avoid an exposure. Smoking zones are also located by the xits from the building, so smoke blow into your face as you exit.

Another day, I saw a man leading his 5 yo or so son to the arena, smoking! I wish I had the guts to hit him in the face!

Tobacco is such a stupid, horrible, pointless danger to health! I can't wait till the number of non-smokers is closer to 80% and higher and then it will become socially unacceptable to smoke in public, just like defcating or urinating. Disgusting.
    God your post is dripping with self-righteousness. You act like smokers are all oblivious to the world around them. OH IF ONLY THEY LISTENED TO ME THEY'D QUIT. Newsflash: nicotine addiction is real. Get over it.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petriquor View Post
    God your post is dripping with self-righteousness. You act like smokers are all oblivious to the world around them. OH IF ONLY THEY LISTENED TO ME THEY'D QUIT. Newsflash: nicotine addiction is real. Get over it.
    Quitting smoking is just a choice, and not a particularly difficult one.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Quitting smoking is just a choice, and not a particularly difficult one.
    This is an obvious oversimplification. It's true for some portion of smokers and blatantly not for others. It's well-known that there is a spectrum of addictive personality and personal addictive response to different substances. Just because you or someone you know quit easily does not mean someone else won't be in serious physical and mental distress and have a really hard time.

Same goes for weight loss, sugar addiction, exercise, whatever. Some people have it harder than others.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Creox is offline Junior Member
    I had no real difficulties in quitting but it was still unpleasant for a few days.

There are those who die from lung cancer with a cigarette dangling from their blue lips as they
    simply could not kick the habit. Addiction is no laughing matter and without the right supports it is damn near impossible for some.

As for the OP I think smoking is generally worse than sugar but it all depends on the details...ie how much, for how long etc.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    This is an obvious oversimplification. It's true for some portion of smokers and blatantly not for others. It's well-known that there is a spectrum of addictive personality and personal addictive response to different substances. Just because you or someone you know quit easily does not mean someone else won't be in serious physical and mental distress and have a really hard time.

Same goes for weight loss, sugar addiction, exercise, whatever. Some people have it harder than others.
    Of course it's harder for some people than others. But ultimately, when someone wants to quit, they do. They might need to go to great lengths to find things that help them, but when they want to, they do. As long as they don't really want to quit they won't.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by js290 View Post
    Pure, White, and Deadly by John Yudkin:
    Excellent reference.

but it never will be black and white between the two, as this thread is clearly showing
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

BPT
    BPT is offline Junior Member

Smoking....do not be fooled

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    smoking, it is not so bad. the bad effects are overrated.
    the facts behind smoking are well known now, we know the numbers of chemically active ingredients in cigarette smoke and the load it puts on the body to cleanse itself and deffend itself against them.

For me the PB lifestyle is an antidote to the years I have spent addicted to both sugar and tobacco finally giving my body a chance to really deal with these toxins. I have not smoked for years but living in the city as I do I am exposed to other pollutants so reducing the load is about all one can do.

sugar is going to be a very difficult issue, no one wants to believe the bad things about something that tastes so good and has been so widely insinuated into just about all processed foods.

But hearing that smoking is not so bad is clearly a willing victim trying to fool themselves again that something that is harmful 100% of the time is not really harmful 100%...show me a healthy cigarette...( hint no cigarette maker has yet been able to)

Sugar however at least has some health benefits, and if it could be rationed in a way that stops chronic addiction might still have a useful purpose. Personally I find avoiding all sugar impossible as I drink wine and beer, and will have the odd croissant with jam...and suffer withdrawals afterwards.

I highly recommend never lighting up another cigarette, cigar, pipe, bong, whatever and inhaling the toxic smoke.

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    As is often the case it depends who you are and what your strengths and weaknesses are but in general I would say smoking is worse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234