Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is sugar worse than smoking? page 3

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As someone who was addicted to both....

Cigs are worse than sugar
    sugar is worse than cigars/pipe (under the assumption someone is not inhailing the smoke)

are any good for you??? no... but I kicked smoking (2 pack a day) for 2 years and felt like a million bucks. Now I reached the point where I can enjoy cigars once in a while in the summer with no negative effect that I can see (unlike smoking) and not a single thought about picking up a cig ever again.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    No, because your injestion of sugar do not inconvenience and endanger other people. Eating sugar is your personal choice, and, frankly, it is a biological necessity if taken from natural sources. Smoking has no benefits whatsoever and screws with those around the tobacco-addict.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Remember you need to compare doses as well. People often eat so much sugar that the equivalent would be 10 packs a day.

Plus your body can handle some sugar easily(Mark ingests it, most people can handle up to 100g/day if otherwise healthy and exercising hard). It doesn't take much tobacco to do damage.

Also, smoking does the main damaging effect of sugar-raising BG.

You also can't just accuse sugar of causing those diseases- wheat and xo6 do at least as much damage, if not more.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    No, because your injestion of sugar do not inconvenience and endanger other people. Eating sugar is your personal choice, and, frankly, it is a biological necessity if taken from natural sources. Smoking has no benefits whatsoever and screws with those around the tobacco-addict.
    I disagree about injestion.

The people that can't handle second hand smoke are soft. It's a cultural thing, you understand?

If you can't hang, don't hang, do you see what I'm saying?

I used to ride shotgun in my dad's Golf Mk1 back in '89, windows closed, winter, while he chain smoked. Look at me, I'm the picture of health today, 2011.

mjn298 is offline Junior Member
    They're both pretty bad but I'd be lying if I didn't disclose this: Once in a while with friends I'll have a cigarette and I find it very pleasurable.. don't feel that way about sugary food.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I would distinguish between occasional plain tobacco use like a few cigars every year v a pack/day chemical laden cigarette habit. Same w/ sugar, a once a week treat v the sugar saturation most people indulge in. I don't think sugar or tobacco are all that bad if not used habitually. Habitual use, tobacco hands down worse, I've watched it kill or rob the quality of life of too many people now to think differently.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Incorrect. The smokers smoke everywhere, ignoring the rules, like on a bus stop. You can't avoid an exposure. Smoking zones are also located by the xits from the building, so smoke blow into your face as you exit.

Another day, I saw a man leading his 5 yo or so son to the arena, smoking! I wish I had the guts to hit him in the face!

Tobacco is such a stupid, horrible, pointless danger to health! I can't wait till the number of non-smokers is closer to 80% and higher and then it will become socially unacceptable to smoke in public, just like defcating or urinating. Disgusting.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-05-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    I disagree about injestion.

The people that can't handle second hand smoke are soft. It's a cultural thing, you understand?

I used to ride shotgun in my dad's Golf Mk1 back in '89, windows closed, winter, while he chain smoked. Look at me, I'm the picture of health today, 2011.
    Tell my asthmatic lungs that, or my partner who is allergic to cigarette smoke. That's not being soft. That's a very real physical response, and neither of us should have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get into a building. I am a former smoker (stupid with my lungs) and I always believed that it was my responsibility to ensure that my habit didn't affect other people around me. Smoking may be legal, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be obnoxious about it.

The difference for me is that nobody forces me to share their sugary treat by eating it in a public place, but a lot of smokers think it's just fine to force other people to inhale their poison of choice.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Tell my asthmatic lungs that, or my partner who is allergic to cigarette smoke. That's not being soft. That's a very real physical response, and neither of us should have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get into a building. I am a former smoker (stupid with my lungs) and I always believed that it was my responsibility to ensure that my habit didn't affect other people around me. Smoking may be legal, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be obnoxious about it.

The difference for me is that nobody forces me to share their sugary treat by eating it in a public place, but a lot of smokers think it's just fine to force other people to inhale their poison of choice.
    Amen to that!
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    Dont get me wrong they are both doing terrible things in todays society.
    But everytime a smoker gets some critisim its usually by someone in the office eating a doughtnut.

I thought about this and then wrote this:

In perspective: Is sugar worse than smoking?

I would love your thoughts. Do you agree?
    Pure, White, and Deadly by John Yudkin:

But right at the outset I can make two key statements that no one can refute:
    First, there is no physiological requirement for sugar; all human nutritional needs can be met in full without having to take a single spoon of white or brown or raw sugar, on its own or in any food or drink.
    Secondly, if only a small fraction of what is already known about the effects of sugar were to be revealed in relation to any other material used as a food additive, that material would promptly be banned.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast