Thread: Ontariogirl page

JSmitty is offline Junior Member

Ontariogirl

Shop Now
    Just joined today, as I am home with a head sinus cold and feeling sorry for myself. i have been off and on Paleo since the new year. I felt the benefits from the loss of grains, dairy and sugars, however I got sidetracked back into bad habits. I know my cold today, is a result of bad eating in the last week with pasta and bread.
    As said above, I felt a great while on Paleo for two months. My head was clear and I had energy. My husband was trying Paleo as well. Where I had a problem was my low energy while running (initially) which got better in the second month. I did not really lose any weight either. That was probably the biggest factor. Now, I know safe weight loss would result in 5 lbs a month and I know that portion control has to be necessary despite the claims that you don't need to measure calories or weigh your food.
    I always try to start the week off with good intentions as I know the good feelings I get from eating Paleo, however I feel so bloated and fat in the last year. I am 51 years old and exercise about 30 minutes 4 times a week, either running, cycling and plan to get back into weight-lifting.
    I am 5'4' and a very uncomfortable 150 lbs. Only I know how uncomfortable my new "gut" feels when I sit and consciously pull my sweater over the bulge!!!!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. If you want to tell us more, maybe someone can help you figure out why no weight loss.

I really don't see portion control being a factor if you eat healthy foods.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.