Thread: The no calorie counting experiment page

Kenzington is offline Senior Member

The no calorie counting experiment

Gah!! I have major problems here. I can do it - and I can stick to it but it plays mind games with me and makes me feel deprived. This weekend I went off the deep end AGAIN after losing 1.5 pounds last week (probably got them back now!) and it's all wrapped up in me being freaked out about the numbers game. So the plan is......... all the stuff I'm supposed to be eating with only 2 higher carb things a day (fruit, high carb veggies, yogurt etc) No nuts. No junk of any sort..... and then just SEE how I do with the scale.

It's scary and a huge leap of faith for me to take but I'm self sabotaging WAY too much feeling like I'm focusing on what I CAN'T have and trying to whittle down my calories for the sake of catching up on my weight loss goals. I'm going nuts. I'd rather lose a half a pound a week than kill myself all week only to unravel later because I can't take it.

So here it is folks. I was 160.5 this weekend but I'm gonna say for the sake of getting this started that I'm more like 162 again. (I realize some of this is bloat and groadyness but hey.......)

Instead of plugging my numbers into fit day I'll post what I ate here. I want to keep track and make sure I'm making good choices but I don't want numbers attached to it.

I invite any of you who who are also very adept at making yourself insane to join me!

Schatze is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck! The whole counting/not counting calories thing is really hard for me too. I'm trying to ignore the calories (too many bad past associations) and focus on enough fat & not too many carbs. As long as I'm eating the right foods, this seems to work itself out in the end.

OK - today during work I had:

2 ginger chews (my stomach was icky this am)
    4 hardboiled eggs
    A touch of cream in my coffee.

At home I made a south of the border BAS: 1/3 ground beef with seasonings, jalapenos, bell pepper, onion, and a few pineapple tidbits served over a bed of lettuce and topped with pico de gallo and a handful of cilantro.
    Later: Cottage cheese with a pickle and another hardboiled egg.

Kind of egg heavy today. I needed to go grocery shopping badly. I also had one of my three lifting days today.

And every time I found myself mentally counting calories I pinched myself!

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    I hate plugging all that info into FitDay!! So, I quit.

Browse around on the recipe pages and on other Paleo boards that have recipes. There are SO MANY wonderful things to eat, that you won't be thinking about the other stuff.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    I hate plugging all that info into FitDay!! So, I quit.

Browse around on the recipe pages and on other Paleo boards that have recipes. There are SO MANY wonderful things to eat, that you won't be thinking about the other stuff.
    Oh, I dunno about that! haha But it feels sooo much knowing that I can eat as much as I want/need and not have to worry about the calories. It was really getting ridiculous. Today I'm going to try and learn how to poach an egg! I haven't mastered that yet and I want to make a french style frisee and bacon salad with a poached egg over the top. They're kinda sexy!

I did well alllll the way up until the evening today. A couple pieces of bacon - one hardboiled egg. A salad for lunch and a little bit of cottage cheese. And then I went out to dinner with friends at a tiny little cafe that has NOTHING primal. I had chicken salad on a croissant, chips and then after I came home...... I went off the deep end. 2.5 cookies and some rollos. I feel like crap! What's worse is I just shot myself in the foot - again. But now that I'm alone in the house I went through and purged every single offensive/dangerous morsel and I should be safe for the rest of the week. Ugh! Not worth it!

Ande is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to know, how's it going?
    I think I'm addicted to the scale and addicted to tracking my food but I am afraid that if I stop I will loose control or something and gain wait incessantly. Also, I don't know if it's the calories, or the carbs that are preventing me from loosing weight so I want to track so I can narrow it down.
    I'm frustrated.
    Anyway, how did it go for you?