Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The rate of your loss

The rate of your loss

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I'm interested to know the average rate of your weight loss during PB. I am getting a little frustrated at how slow things have been for me and wondering how your experience has been. I'm trying to lose my last 20 and it's excruciating!

I've been losing an average of about a pound a week, maybe a little more... BUT... I have more than 20 pounds to lose, probably a little over 50.

And it's definitely an average. I've had a lot of weeks where I lost nothing, and then dropped 2 or 3 pounds the next week.

I'm also trying to lose the last 15. I think at this point I'm better to focus on heavy lifting and sprints each 1x per week, plus lots of moving. I really haven't stuck to the exercise plan, so that is next for me. Are you doing the primal fitness as Mark wants and still haven't lost it? Really too, I don't care if I lose the pounds, but I just want to get more lean and reduce body fat some. I'd like to be "smaller" but I don't care if that is also "lighter".

Very roughly about 60 pounds in one year. But it came in a lot of fits and starts because I was doing a lot of n=1 experiments and having dairy temper tantrums. Would have been faster if not for those. Definitely not linear.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

I've lost about 1-2 pounds per week. Lost nothing the first 2-3 weeks on the PB but then, just like that, *whoosh* 4 pounds gone. Been PB compliant for almost 4 months now and I've lost roughly 26 pounds. Need to lose another 10-15 pounds but I've got my diet and sleep squared away, plus I crossfit 3 times a week so that should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Definitely not linear.
    Yep, same here. Whether I lose 1 or 2 pounds per week seems completely random. And then there was that week in early September where I lost nothing.

At first it was dramatic. For two consecutive months I lost 10 lbs. It took me the last 2-3 months to lose 10 lbs, but I'm at 144, so I expected it to slow down. I am also still getting leaner. My clothes fit looser and I can now fit into a size 4 (from size 16!).

I just started and have about 150 lbs to lose. Right now I'm losing 1/2 to a pound a day. I know that's going to slow down at some point though.

dado Guest
    when i first got on the wagon, i lost 18 pounds in a little over a month, maybe 1.5 months. it was good. so good.

Shop Now
    I'm on my last 10 or 15 pounds now and it's still about a pound a month. Always was, though.
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    We don`t give a damn about your world
    Right now, right now!