Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bible supports PB! page

Shami Guest

I am new to PB and LOVE it. It is so logical when I consider how we were made and how it may have been in the beginning.

So I went to the Bible and read the first 3 chapters of Genesis. Check this out even if you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, it seems to support PB.

God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and said they could eat of any tree except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Well, they messed up and ate the wrong tree.

Gen 2:9 "...Jehovah God caused to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food,..."

Gen 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb that produces seed that is on the surface of all the earth and every tree which has fruit that produces seed; they shall be for you as food."

As most of us know, they ate of the tree they were not supposed to eat of and here is what God had to say about that:

Gen 3:17-19

"...Cursed is the ground because of you;

In toil will you eat of it

All the days of your life.

And thorns and thistles will it bring forth for you

And you will eat the herb of the field;

By the sweat of your face

You will eat BREAD

Until you return to the ground,

Because from it you were taken;

Ford dust you are,

And dust you shall return."

Then Adam and Eve begot Cain and Abel and something shocking happened. Cain was a 'tiller of soil' to produce food. Abel was a 'tender of sheep'. They both brought their best to Jehovah as an offering. God was pleased with Abel's offering (Abel offered fat of an animal). He was not pleased with Cain's offering.

Then Cain became jealous and murdered his brother, Abel. The first murder ever recorded. Every time I bring up this way of eating I feel like people want to murder me! So to speak.

What do you all think?

Then I went to Ezekiel 4:9 to check out what it had to say about bread. You know that sprouted bread they sell in the 'health food' section. Well, it wasn't positive. If you read the context of chapter 3 and 4 in Ezekiel. God is pretty mad at the children of Israel and says they are a 'rebellious house'. He orders Ezekiel to warn them and also to do a series of things because he is judging the house of Israel. One of the things is to 'take wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make them into bread for yourself...'(Eze. 4:9). Then God is telling him he has to lay on his side for so many days. Further down in the chapter God tells him to eat barley cake baked on human excrement (v.12) Ezekiel says I have never been defiled. God says they will have to eat their bread unclean.

Like I said, it was NOT positive thing to have to make this bread!

Comments?

p.s. sorry for any mistakes, my toddler is bugging me

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Then I went to Dr. Suess and we are actually supposed to eat Green Eggs and Ham. What I am confused about is the ham green too or just the eggs?

I think the excrement was for fuel to heat rocks to bake the bread rather than a poop spread. The fumes would be foul and I would not want to be the baker.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Asturian is offline Senior Member

You crack me up chima.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Shami Guest

I expected some to make jokes and that's cool...I don't mind and I don't suppose it would matter if I did mind. It was a real 'wow' moment for me to see these verses confirm what I am now discovering with PB.

Hoping some will have something serious to say whether you agree or disagree, it's okay. Or, you can all joke away, I will be the butt of the joke, and run away to my cave to hide. Not.

Acmebike is offline Member

Cain is like Monsanto, and Abel is your local natural beef rancher. Monsanto wants to kill them off!

Kristen Guest

Hey there. I for one believe in the bible, and as you probably know it's called the living word for a reason. It's because every time you read it, something you need to hear or learn about becomes more prevalent than previous readings. I don't know if God thought grains were bad, and had someone write about it or not, but if it works for you to become a healthy person, that's all you need to know. That being said, the bible in the old testament says ALOT of stuff about what we should and should not eat (pork, seafood, etc) and also tells women to leave the village when they are having their period because they are "unclean". Unless you are Jewish, the new covenant with Jesus nullifies most of that (including giving God sacrifices), and THANK GOD for that! lol That is also where faith comes into the picture and when you say your blessing before you eat, you are also asking God to purify the food you are eating (if you want to get technical about the whole thing). And Chima, I don't think you can ask God to purify EVERY herb! lmao

maba is offline Senior Member

Isn't the Maker's diet, a low-carb, low (or is it no) grain diet based on what's in the bible?

Shami Guest

Thanks Kristen for that thoughtful, meaning full of thought, response. Yes the Word is living and operative and I am a Christian so I do know that there is a new covenant. I realize that all of the ordinances were done away with on the cross, Hallelujah! We don't have to sacrifice animals for our sins to God, and all that stuff. Also, there is a lot of symbolism and types in the Old Testament. That being said, it still struck me that the words were even uttered in the Bible.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think that whatever your viewpoint is on the New Testament--- we could all agree that God gave us an amazing body to live in. Only makes sense that He'd be happy to see us taking good care of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast