Thread: Vit D manufacturer Question page

Limepurple is offline Junior Member

Vit D manufacturer Question

Primal Fuel
    At present I take 1 x Viridian Vit D 1000 iu and am considering taking Healthy Origins Vit D3 5000iu.

I have seen them on Amazon and wanted to ask if Healthy Origins is of reasonable quality and value?

Hi Limepurple

I'm not sure of the answer but I take those ones - also bought from amazon. I found it difficult to get any real info online so went on the basis that they are vitamin D3 and gel capsules which I think are the best form to take it in. I'm interested to hear what other people say too

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Use oil gel caps instead of tablets. Mercola says all D is the same, so buy on price.

dado Guest
    why the gel cap versus tablet? tell me why

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    why the gel cap versus tablet? tell me why
    They simply were not as effective at raising the levels of vitamin D. Probably because vitamin D needs to be in oil to be absorbed by the body. This is from Dr. William Davis' Track Your Plaque site:
    One lesson I’ve learned is that vitamin D MUST be taken as a oil-based capsule or gelcap. You’ll recognize it as a transparent or translucent, sometimes opaque, capsule. The list of ingredients may say something like “cholecalciferol [vitamin D] in a base of soybean oil”, indicating that the active ingredient is oil-based. Oil-based vitamin D3 skyrockets blood levels of 25-OH-vitamin D3 in to the normal range reliably and easily.

Tablets are a different story. These are generally white powdery tablets. The rise in blood levels of vitamin D3 are minimal, sometimes none. Women will often say “I get vitamin D with my calcium tablets.”

People taking this form almost always have blood levels of vitamin D that are low, as if they were taking nothing.
    If you’re going to take vitamin D, the oil-based tablets are the way to go. They’re not necessarily any more expensive. We’ve had good experiences with the Nature’s Life 2000 unit capsule, as well as preparations from Life Extension. We have had negative experiences with the preparations from GNC, Sam’s Club, and Walgreen’s, all tablets and non-oil-based.

Last edited by Adrianag; 10-03-2011 at 07:17 AM.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    They simply were not as effective at raising the levels of vitamin D. Probably because vitamin D needs to be in oil to be absorbed by the body. This is from Dr. William Davis' Track Your Plaque site:
    shit, do you reckon i'm getting anything at all from my tablets?

Limepurple is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies.

As I'm running out of my present vit d supply, and they are not in oil, so I'm going to go for the Healthy Origins Vit D3 and see how I go.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought Now brand from Amazon for very cheap! 5000iu, 240 capsules $13.30.

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Vita...7669195&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Adrianag; 10-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.