Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we like salt so much page

sorcerer is offline Junior Member

Why do we like salt so much

I am going primal right now but I am having such a pain to leave salt. Even Jesus referred to "the salt of life".

I have observed that probably everything that we naturally like is good (like sweet fruits, or fat, for instance). I have seen that most people likes salt a lot. How is salt not primal?

JHen is offline Member
    Salt isn't primal? Salt is essential to living. You need it to produce stomach acid, as it's the only source of chlorine for the body that I am aware of. You need sodium as it is vital for a lot of things going on in the body. It helps you to retain water, especially in hot weather.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    salt makes everything taste better, that's why
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

dado Guest
    it's delicious

csgmoore is offline Member
    It may be that you're losing too much which is why you find impossible to give up. It can easily happen when you start out - I had problems with it.

This might be helpful to you: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38383.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I have to add salt to every dinner or I get leg cramps. Salt is a very basic and essential component of our bodies.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Why are you giving up salt?

dado Guest
    salt is in the oceans and in the skies, it is fundamental to a good life

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    We have an innate preference for salt, sweet, and fat because. It's not an accident that we like those things so much.
    1) salt is an essential mineral.
    2) fat and sweet signify caloric density.
    That's a very simplistic overview of why preference for those tastes has been selected for.

I don't know where the idea that salt isn't paleo/primal came from, but it's wrong and stupid to try and remove it from your diet entirely.
    Also, "everything we like is good"= DUH. Of course we say fat/salt/sweet are good- because we like them!

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i wont disagree about requiring sodium and chloride but generally we wouldnt be adding the massive amounts of salt onto food like we do now..even sea salt for all its positive aspects compared to crap processed salt is not needed as much..for most people the problem is way too little potassium...once you up your potassium you crave salt less i think altho im all for adding a pinch here and there to meals esp. if you eat a ton of fat and cooked meat! plus take into account that sometimes its an electrolye imbalance and ppl forget that sodium cholride and potassium are not the only electrolytes! we just need a good balance of nutrients, period.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast