Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Terribly troubling: "Fat Tax" on butter... page 5

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Since the US just had their elections can you tell me which of Romney or Obama was for smaller gov, less tax and less regs? Otherwise, what use is voting?
    Yes, that would be none of the above.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Governments never want to admit they are wrong. Conspiracy theories aside, once the US government decided that the food pyramid was the way to go, all discussions to the otherwise fell upon deaf ears.

Basically they are saying that "this is right because we are the government and we say so", damn the evidence, full speed ahead.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Soon we'll be taxed for eating anything that isn't the whole-grain animal feed that they'll poor into our trough.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Since the US just had their elections can you tell me which of Romney or Obama was for smaller gov, less tax and less regs? Otherwise, what use is voting?
    Well, there's always local elections. Everyone should go to the pulls if for no other reason than that. Local politicians, ballot measures, etc...it's hard to truly influence things on a federal level, but you can have a huge impact on the local level...and that CAN spread out and affect other areas over time.

Also, there are always third parties. Johnson, the libertarian candidate, got 1% of the vote. Doesn't sound like much, but he highest amount a third party candidate has gotten in recent history. I may just be optimistic, but I'd like to think we're starting to see some cracks in the two party monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but it seems to have been lost among other discussion, so I'll repost it here on this thread...

Denmark to scrap world's first fat tax

(AFP) 7 hours ago
    COPENHAGEN Denmark said Saturday it would scrap a fat tax it introduced a little over a year ago in a world first, saying the measure was costly and failed to change Danes' eating habits.

AFP: Denmark to scrap world's first fat tax
    Bravo to them. Here in the US, they woulda been looking at all those fact they stated and instead of dropping the tax woulda just subsidized the product and made a mandate that everyone has to buy their stuff in country or face a tax...or fine, excuse me..

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Kudos to the Danes for developing some common sense. Meanwhile, France is contemplating raising the tax on palm oil by 300%: French lawmakers debate

The most discouraging thing about the article is when it says that palm oil "is known to be high in saturated fats and can potentially cause heart disease," as if that is a fact.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    The biggest problem with Palm oil is that it isn't harvested sustainably. They are cutting down the habitat that Orangutans live in.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Well, there's always local elections. Everyone should go to the pulls if for no other reason than that. Local politicians, ballot measures, etc...it's hard to truly influence things on a federal level, but you can have a huge impact on the local level...and that CAN spread out and affect other areas over time.

Also, there are always third parties. Johnson, the libertarian candidate, got 1% of the vote. Doesn't sound like much, but he highest amount a third party candidate has gotten in recent history. I may just be optimistic, but I'd like to think we're starting to see some cracks in the two party monopoly.
    Good luck on the local level but agenda 21 will be enforced and the Fed gov will over ride local laws when it comes down to it.

What use is having 1% of the vote if you can't enact or veto laws? Though you are right about the death of the two party system. The Republicans can no longer win an election since immigration has tipped the demographics permanently in favour of the Democrats.

Honestly, I hope you Americans can regain some power at the local level but from the outside it looks hopeless
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck on the local level but agenda 21 will be enforced and the Fed gov will over ride local laws when it comes down to it.

What use is having 1% of the vote if you can't enact or veto laws? Though you are right about the death of the two party system. The Republicans can no longer win an election since immigration has tipped the demographics permanently in favour of the Democrats.

Honestly, I hope you Americans can regain some power at the local level but from the outside it looks hopeless
    Well, what options are there? Give up (I'm to stubborn for that); load up (have no interest in an armed rebellion); or live in a way that promotes liberty in my own life and try to live an example that will desirable to others and hope that it spreads and makes a difference...I'd rather be overly optimistic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345