Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terribly troubling: "Fat Tax" on butter... page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's amazing. The governments set the dietary standards that make us all sick thanks to their ignorance and bad research. Then, after their guidelines make us all fat and sick, they add an extra tax to discourage us from eating the foods that actually are good for you, perpetuating the fat/sick cycle. This leaves us with only three possible conclusions:

1.) Government is the most incompetent body known to man and should be kept as far removed from the lives of civilians as possible.
    2.) The government is evil and is doing this on purpose.
    3.) Both 1 and 2.

Next time you go to the polls to cast your vote, ask yourself, "Is this candidate going to make the government larger and more powerful?"

If the answer is "yes", DO NOT VOTE FOR THEM. The larger the government, the weaker the individual.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    The knowledge they are using is SAD.
    SDD?

Do they have the same sort of agricultural policy there that we have? That's going to be our problem. The government will tax the same stuff they provide incentives for farmers' to produce. Ugh. Keep punishing the user rather than addressing the factory/industrial food model that makes it all possible/inevitable.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    That had better not make its way to the UK. Who do I write to about this?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    That had better not make its way to the UK. Who do I write to about this?
    The debate is happening in the UK

BBC News - Panorama - Should the UK tax high-fat junk food to cut obesity rates?

Call to tax junk food ingredients to halt obesity | Society | The Observer
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It's amazing. The governments set the dietary standards that make us all sick thanks to their ignorance and bad research. Then, after their guidelines make us all fat and sick, they add an extra tax to discourage us from eating the foods that actually are good for you, perpetuating the fat/sick cycle. This leaves us with only three possible conclusions:

1.) Government is the most incompetent body known to man and should be kept as far removed from the lives of civilians as possible.
    2.) The government is evil and is doing this on purpose.
    3.) Both 1 and 2.

Next time you go to the polls to cast your vote, ask yourself, "Is this candidate going to make the government larger and more powerful?"

If the answer is "yes", DO NOT VOTE FOR THEM. The larger the government, the weaker the individual.
    It has nothing to do with the government and everything to do with who owns the government. Nothing will change. The pharmaceutical industry/medical industry/monsanto/war-machine banking oligarchies will always get what they want. Voting only gives consent to be governed.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    ah, my love for denmark has deceased by .002%.

end of the day, i'll pay for what i want.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    It seems Canada is now officially the free-est country in the world.
    It won't last for long. I live in the province of Quebec, I guarantee you they will all want to look progressive and they will do it because the nutritionists are gay for Europe here (oh, look and the French and their smaller portions, and the Mediterranean diet and blablabla). The only good thing here is that the government is so intent on pushing dairy that butter might be left alone. I fear for my bacon though.

dado Guest
    terrible, just terrible.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    The only good thing here is that the government is so intent on pushing dairy that butter might be left alone.
    Yeah, too bad Canada's butter is the same old crap and they don't allow imported dairy like Kerrygold.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm so sorry (speaking as a Dane)... We just got a new government, and they are pretty much doomed. I don't think it (the new government) will work out, but what do I know about politics...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast