Thread: Journal today. Success story tomorrow... page

primer is offline Member

Journal today. Success story tomorrow...

Shop Now
    Hey everyone! Well I'm just another person trying to make the switch over to primal . Theres much to be said about my body composition over the last few years, but I won't bore you with the details. In short, I have turned to the primal blueprint in order to lose fat, gain muscle, and improve my health. Over the last week of trying to switch primal I've cheated quite a bit, but learn something new every time. I don't think that I am one of those people who can regularly exercise the 80/20 rule. I have always been a bit of an "all or nothing" type personality, and that paired with an extreme sugar addiction doesn't help much in the way of moderation. Also, I feel like absolute crap every time I indulge in something non-primal, so I really don't see the point of doing it anymore. Primal foods just taste so much better too!

For now I am also going to do my best to avoid alcohol. I had some on Friday and Saturday, which led to this weekend being a total disaster. I can't drink while being low-carb, and the decreased inhibition from the alcohol led me to having a bunch of crap foods. Usually I am able to recover easily during the weekdays as my schedule helps me keep my mind off of food after a screwup. However, this being the weekend I did not have much of a schedule to keep and just stuffed myself with processed sugars and grains.

For the 3-4 days last week that I was able to stick to only whole primal foods, I felt incredible. Right now I regret the drinking so bad because I was bouncing around with more energy than I had in years on Friday. I was also so damn happy, for absolutely no reason! I just couldn't stop smiling. I would give anything to get that back right now, but its comforting to know that all I have to do is go back to being primal and I'll be there in a few days . I could literally write on for pages about how great this lifestyle is for me, but I'll spare you since you all probably know all about it by now :P. Thank you for reading and I hope to update my progress at least once a week.

BeckaSki is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm an all or nothing type too. Since starting in late August, I've had a few non-primal eating adventures. I sort of think it is nice to be reminded occasionally how terrible I feel when I make bad choices. Nothing like a little negative reinforcement to get you back on the wagon.

primer is offline Member
    I agree! In fact right before this weekend I was having some sugar cravings. Its funny when you go back and have those foods; they don't taste anywhere near as good anymore.