Thread: one week and going strong...but questionable page

Hugo Hardcore is offline Junior Member

Question one week and going strong...but questionable

Primal Fuel
    so i was referred to PB by a fellow mountain biking friend that just returned from AZ for his education and he has lost about forty pounds. Im well in the worse funk of my life regarding so many areas, work, social, and exerciese/weight. Im one of those people that have always fought for their weight and many times have lost eighty to a hundred pounds but it never fails my emotions or something put me back on the same desetructive path. Although im not afraid of any hard work or exercise, since i LOVE my mountain bike and martial arts, I had fallen into that idea that i can eat what i want as long as i kill myself to work it off...ya all know calorie in calorie out...but as a regard of my current situation money and food and all those things have been in low supply. SO...i started a week ago tommorrow, and while i havent been on the scales or anything im doing the best i can...but right now im needing some reassurance im doing well...feel free to comment on this... bascially im jsut making sure to stay away from carbs and not let my emotional eating get the best of me...ive gotten my mountain bike out of hte shop and started riding around my neighborhood, walking, and just trying to enjoy the weather. However as a result of being the bastard child of CW i feel as if im not doing enough focusing on the wrong things and such...anyways anyone other newbs or vets that have time to talk and discuss please feel free to comment or e-mail hugoswain@hotmail.com

TheFitFatKid is offline Junior Member
    Welcome Hugo!

It can be very hard to get those nagging voices of CW out of your head, but stick with it! It sounds like you're on a good track, and as soon as you start seeing the results, you won't need to worry about whether or not it's working. The evidence will be right there in front of you!

Best of luck! And keep enjoying that weather :-)

Hugo Hardcore is offline Junior Member
    thanks bud btw love the name ive alwasy said im the fit fat kid how many three hundred pound plus men you know willing to go 8-12 miles of mountain bike trail...now i just wanna be the fit fit LGN kid lol im praying this comes in time

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Greetings from a felllow mountain biker. If you are worried, just ignore CW for 90 days and see how the Primal Blueprint works for you. Do you have your baseline blood lipid levels and measurements?

Eta: my husband is 280 and amazingly able to hike or bike quite a distance. Unfortunately at age 47 his weight is beginning to catch up with him. :-(
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

SoccerGrok is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Hugo...As has been said many times before on these pages, this is a lifestyle change, and NOT a DIET! If you go into this looking strictly diet, it will be much harder. If you take all aspects of it into Heart, you will reap wonderful benefits. Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Don't worry about "carbs". Carbs from vegetables are good. Fruit carbs aren't bad in moderation.

Stay away from grains, flour, and sugar in all forms. Eat whole foods- nothing in a box. Nothing with more than a couple of ingredients.

Eat plenty of protein, especially fatty protein, or protein cooked in healthy fat. This will help you feel full.

Clean out your pantry, and have primal snacks on hand.