Thread: 1 year primal page

mindo is offline Member

1 year primal

Primal Fuel
    Before primal I was on a 100% SAD (standard american diet). Lots of carbohydrates, processed foods, sinfully sweet snacks and very little to no vegetables and fruit. Also boozed it up on a regular basis and exercise was considered running to the toilet cause I had the runs.

Fast forward to now it's lots of vegetables and fruit, about the same amount of meat and I never fry any of my food. I prefer to bake my meat and steam my veggies cause I feel it's cleaner. Starches and sweets still occur in my diet cause I find it hard to resist but definitely only a couple times a week instead of every meal, every day before. I hit the gym 3 times a week now too.

Changes? No more stomach aches! Yay! Which means no more diarrhea!! Double yay! I lost my miniature Homer Simpson gut that never allowed my abdominals to show, now I'm pretty ripped. Used to be 15% body fat now I'm at 10%. I look younger now cause my face is less fat too. A non-bodily change that also happened was that I lost contact with most of my friends cause I guess eating out was the only thing that got us together. Oh well, I think my health is more important, especially in my 30's.

Besides the change in diet I realized sleep is super important when it comes to feeling good physically and mentally. It definitely isn't just a diet but a lifestyle. I know, I sound like a Jenny Craig commercial.

I know I'll never be 100% strict primal/paleo but I know I'll never go back to my old ways. Even If I do incorporate a few cheat meals a week, I strongly believe I'm still doing way better than the vast majority of people in the western society in terms of diet. If I have 1 day of eating SAD, I feel like total crap mentally and physically. Feels like I ate sludge or something.

This new outlook on life and diet even inspired me to create a website about paleo/primal eating and my experiences. It would be an honour for me if you checked it out.

Sustainable Paleo/Primal Diet - I'm not selling anything

Feedback is welcome of course. Well, thanks for reading and keep on trucking!

Sincerely,

Allan Johnson

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    wtg on reaching one year. almost 4 months for me, and my experience has been much the same as yours. I too will Grok on for the duration.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Allan I went to your website. Nice looking but there are one or two little changes you might think about.

The green type: hard to read.

The font: Not as easy as what we have on this website.

I am lazy and will not struggle to read something on the monitor. (Very rarely, I will copy and paste from a website to a text program so I can read something I am interested in.)

TheFitFatKid is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on making it to a year! Coming up on 8 months myself, and while I too will never be 100% primal, the changes to my life have been fast and dramatic. And I like Fathead on your homepage :-) I tell all my CW friends with access to a Netflix account to go watch that, it's streaming online, and it makes it so I have to do much less explaining myself.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Allan!

I also couldn't read the font on your blog - if you'd like to change it then let us know I'd be happy to revisit.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

mindo is offline Member
    Thanks Mike. It's been a year but feels a lot longer. Probably cause it's not that easy. I think the first couple months are the hardest.

mindo is offline Member
    Thanks for the feedback regarding my font and thanks for the encouragement. I changed the font so hopefully it's ok.

Kent, you got a good site going. That was a crazy transformation. Good stuff man. I also eat baby bok choy almost everyday and yes that was a good looking breakfast.

mindo is offline Member
    HillsideGina, yes ping pong is an intense sport. Makes you sweat as fast and hard as any other sport out there. I know, I used to be in the ping pong club in high school. Crap, I just admitted my nerdiness. It's all good. It's an awesome game.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Much better for reading now!

At least I'm a Primal Nerd! LOL.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!