Thread: dick zark is not to drink page

dickzark is offline Member

dick zark is not to drink

Primal Fuel
    Hi my real name is richard . I have a challegne not to drink for the month of october (ocsober) i have been primal since march 2011 and im doing realy well i have already lost 12 kg with little excersice no i need to get rid of the next ten kg . I will not be putting my food intake in this journal but will post once or twice a week to see how on track i am .
    im 43 years old
    i weigh 112 kg
    im six foot three tall
    i hope to get down to under 100 kg by december
    i have a goal to go to primal con next year
    yeasterday i rode my bike 67 kms im not as un fit as i thought

cheers richard
    ps i hope to keep of the booze for a log time if i can give up for longer than october

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Hi Richard, I've been primal for about the same time (I'm 44). I also am doing a 30 day (Since September 5) of not drinking. It's gone well, really well. I didn't miss the drinking because I cut my caffeine consumption down to 1 cup of tea in the am (and I work 2nd shift) so I was really missing my coffee and tea that I generally consume all day long. Even social situations where I'd normally drink I'd have a cup of decaf tea or iced coffee and felt perfectly fine with it. I'm planning on including an occasional glass of red wine with a meal on social occasions after this (so every Tuesday Night Dinner with friends). I've lost 38 pounds and I've been doing the leptin reset going on my 4th week (so I won't be drinking for 4 more).

Good Luck.

Kathy

thanks kathy my problem is with alcohol i have been drinking up to three bottles of whiskey a week . today is day 3 of my ocsober woke up with a head ache which i knew would happen it always takes me 3 or 4 days to get over my drinking and i know i will be angery and horriable tommorrow lucky i have a good job with little stree now . now before any one says go to AA i have been there done that and know it has to stop it was a waste of time .

this is a picture of me at my heavest i now look a little better than that
    time to go for a 7 km walk
    cheers richard

Schatze is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck, Richard, you can do it! Have you come up with anything to replace the whiskey? Another drink or activity?

im only drinking water and have gone cold turkey on the whiskey am replacing with walking alot not missing the drink will see how long that will last . 3 down 28 to go have a head ache but its starting to fade time for bed
    cheers richard

Day 5 woke up after a solid 8 hour sleep feeling much better although have been slack and not done anything about excersice exept walk around at work .Still have not had a drink but did feel like having one last night i think i ndrink out of boredom must find some thing do replace the boredom must start taking my friends dog for a walk every afternoon

so ihave passed 7 days with out a drink but i have been craving one hopefully this will pass soon as i now feel better and have already lost some wieght mt clothes are now loser again and im down to my last hole on my belt . I have been felling tired alot lately and i dont know why but every day im off the booze is a day i sleep bettter maybe i just need to catch up on the sleep .
    cheers richard

so day 12 is here i i feel much better with out a drink although i crave for a beer almost every afternoon when i get home .I think i might have to get out and wwalk more this week i will start the body weight exercises and i will also have to cut my food down i know im eating to much fat and not enough veg .
    cheers richard

Autumnrose is offline Member
    I'm impressed with how well you are doing! My vice has always been sweets and baked goods. I still get cravings when I'm stressed and found running to help me. I hope you get the same effect with more walking.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so my month is over and i did not makit all the way through but feel better for not drinking as much as i have been im about to go away on a work trip for five weeks up to north queensland i tend not to drink when im away from home so another month or more of not drinking whoo hooo and i also do more walking and body weight exersise while im away so thats all for now will post while on the road
    cheers richard