Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This article is probably a total waste of your time page

keevelish is offline Senior Member

This article is probably a total waste of your time

Primal Fuel
    But I felt it amusing fodder as I sit here nursing a post-pizza hangover. I haven't had wheat in three months now, so I figured, ah, it's my 20% and the kids have been begging for pizza and my husband has been on business trips for the last two months and will be gone for another two...

"Going Gluten Free"

Gluten Intolerance, Sensitivity, & Gluten-Free Diets

Don't bother giving me recipes for 'primal' pizza. They've all royally bombed, lol.

Agh, the punishment. Never again!

davem is offline Senior Member
    There is no substitute for the beauty that is pizza. The tooth of the crust, the smell the oven imparts. Truly an amazing food.

Too bad it makes me explode. C'est la vie. I'll eat foie gras instead.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't this bother you? Three months ago you could probably have eaten that same pizza with no ill effects. Now you have basically created a gluten intolerance where there wasn't one before.

Created, or exposed?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Perhaps being sensitive to toxic things isn't a bad idea. I mean, if you stay drunk all the time, a bottle of jack daniels makes a fine breakfast. Go a month sober and that nice bottle suddenly leaves you blacked out in a puddle of vomit with no clothes on asking people what you did all night.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

How sensationalist can you get? Comparing eating some pizza to drinking a bottle of jack daniels. Come on now. From what I have read on this forum if you stop eating grains for an extended period of time you will probably get sick when you eat them. Most of you somehow rationalize that grains always made you feel bad you were just used to it...and obviously that isn't true. A whole lot of people eat grains every day and feel great...I bet many of the people here were like that before they started with eating primal. I personally think that people should embrace the 80/20 rule, eating grains a couple times a week at least, to avoid these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Created, or exposed?
    Created. I feel fantastic after eating a sandwich on white bread with a side of veggies and bananas. I bet if I stopped eating grains for a few months and tried to eat the same thing I would feel horrible. That doesn't mean that I don't feel fantastic now when my body is used to eating grains though.

Derp.

Check out scholar.google.com and come back after you do some reading. (Pubmed would be better if you have an account, but that's not common.)

Grains are a known inflammatory agent, with celiac only recently coming to light and more data being added to the body of knowledge daily. Most people don't know that it doesn't work for their system. Hell, I didn't until I restricted my diet and took a stepped approach to reintroducing them to my eating, and measuring the results. Anyone can do that, and it will put them in a much better place than where a dietician would have them. At the end of the day, you may not believe it, but the evidence paints a different picture.

One point of view is correct, the one with the empirical data.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Created. I feel fantastic after eating a sandwich on white bread with a side of veggies and bananas. I bet if I stopped eating grains for a few months and tried to eat the same thing I would feel horrible. That doesn't mean that I don't feel fantastic now when my body is used to eating grains though.
    So other than trolling, what's your point? BTW, great story bro. If bread isn't a problem for you now, stopping eating it for a few months wouldn't suddenly make it a problem. It just doesn't happen that way. W/e, you have your beliefs.

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    Uhuh. So going back to the alcohol analogy, since one serving of alcohol makes me feel horrible the next day (since I drink a serving maybe, oh once a month) it's my fault that I'm not imbibing something that clearly makes me feel horrible frequently enough?

And no, I never DID feel good after having wheat. I ate it because I liked the taste and then suffered the ill-effects. It's only that now the effects are emphasized.

I merely thought the Web MD article amusing, regarding their claims that a gluten-free diet may be nutritionally deficient and that celiac disease and gluten sensitivity are the results of us living in a more 'sterile' environment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast