Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eczema flare up page

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member

eczema flare up

Primal Fuel
    I'm having a really ANNOYING eczema flare up on my hand. Driving me absolutely batty with itching. Sigh.

I am thinking it's a new shampoo but I wanted to cover some bases.

Is it possible this could be related to fermented foods? I've started making my own sauerkraut and drinking store bought kombucha. The rash started around the time I started eating those foods. I think I was using the shampoo at least a week before. Unfortunately, it was mild when it started so I didn't pay much attention.

Also, does anyone know how long it should take me to see results? I'm switching back to my old shampoo to see if that does it. How long before this will clear up if that was the problem?

(itch, itch, itch, itch, itch)

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    I finally, after eliminating a million foods, realized that kombucha was making my excema worse. I used to only get it on my hands, and started getting a rash around my lips. I've read other stories of people's excema getting worse. It's just die-off though, and if you stick with it, it will get better. I wouldn't recommend drinking more than a couple of ounces a day to start, and slowly increase the amount.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. I am prone to eczema and kombucha and sauerkraut don't seem to cause flares for me. Shampoos, soaps, sugar, and rough or wool fabrics, even carpeting will start a reaction for sure though so I would guess it is the shampoo. I believe all the good oils I now consume also help my skin keep its barrier better.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
    Also, does anyone know how long it should take me to see results? I'm switching back to my old shampoo to see if that does it. How long before this will clear up if that was the problem?
    My psoriasis clears up usually in 10 days. What ingredients are you using in your sauerkraut?

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Forgot to mention it could be a change in the weather depending on where you live. I used to get flares this time of year during the seasonal transition to dry indoor heat and colder outdoor air. Have you been turning on the heat more lately?

I'd say my flares would last a week to 10 days also.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Do this for eczema, psoriasis or any other skin problems:

Rub Grapeseed Oil into the affected areas morning & evening. It has miraculous effects for all skin problems. It has been a miracle cure for my itchy, flaking, calloused, stinking feet & rotten toenails. I have feet like a baby since using Grapeseed oil on them every morning. When I stop applying grapeseed oil to my feet, they start getting fugly again within a month.

Send me a personal message to let me know of your results.

Grizz

The sauerkraut was just green cabbage and salt.

It's not the weather because even though it's gotten cold the last few days, this started when it was still warm. And it's not even cold enough to turn the heat on. I did used to get it worse in the winter, but when I was gluten free, I didn't get it those two winters. Now I'm gluten free and totally grain free so I'd hope it would be the same.

I realized today the fact that it's on both hands, but more on my right is significant. I'm right handed so I use that hand to finger comb and style my hair so it's getting more exposure to hair products (heck, maybe it's not the shampoo and conditioner, but the mousse?). I really, really, really like how my hair looks lately but if it's the problem, it has to go. I'm going to keep eating the sauerkraut and kombucha and just cut the products and see what happens.

Grizz, thanks, I'll see if I can find some at the store.

Argh.

So it's been 2 weeks (14 days exactly) since I wrote the last post. I stopped using all the new hairproducts at once. I started moisturing every day, using either coconut oil, grapeseed oil or a few different lotions I have used for years.

It started getting better within a week. And then it got WORSE.

It's now spreading to other parts of my hands. It was mostly on my right hand before and I'm right handed so I figured it was something I get in contact with, but now there are more patches on my left (still worse on my right though).

It definitely is colder and that affects eczema, but this isn't the normal eczema I used to get. It's dry red and flaky like my regular eczema, but there are also little hard bumps. Anyone have any idea what that is?

And even though it's colder, it's not yet gotten cold enough to turn the heat on, so not that.

Lilyheart is offline Senior Member
    This is the kind of eczema I get on my hands (hard bumps): Dyshidrosis Are you putting your hands in more water then usual? When I started primal eating, I had a bad flare-up, but that was because I was preparing more food and not just nuking a box and thus washing my hands more often (cleaning veggies, washing after handling meat, etc).

If so, try using gloves when washing dishes, etc and see if that helps?

I've had this type of eczema for as long as I can remember and it ALWAYS flares up when my hands stay moist more then usual (cleaning a house, washing dishes by hand, cleaning veggies, etc).

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ugh, me too right now! Got a few split knuckles, which I am ALWAYS washing. I work in a restaurant, I have 2 kids, cook from scratch etc ...I do not remember a flare up like this for a few years, but its been off and on since summer. I originally thought it was a new whey protein, but I do not think it was that. Eggs maybe? Sneaky dairy? Or just household cleaners? No change in shampoo or soap/laundry detergent. Heat not on yet in the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast