Thread: coconut milk latte? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

coconut milk latte?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have a recipe for a coconut milk latte? Back in the day I used that fake watered down So Delicious coconut milk (not realizing there was the real kind in the can) and it tasted pretty bad. Am curious if anyone has had success steaming coconut milk and making a latte out of it? I'll probably just try it out, but am curious if there is a good recipe out there that might make it taste better. Thanks guys!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    BLACK. If you are using good beans & have a good machine, why would you want to dilute it with any white stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    BLACK. If you are using good beans & have a good machine, why would you want to dilute it with any white stuff?
    yeah, well I need to vary it up a little whenever I feel like a treat. Just like there is no way I could only drink water. Too boring all the time. I will experiment and see what happens. Probably will try half coconut milk/half almond milk. Curious how these two taste when steamed up.

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    I used coconut milk and almond milk for a chai latte didn't try it for a cafe latte. I do put coconut cream in my hot coffee for a change of flavor.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    interesting. Not sure about egg in my coffee, but it's worth a try. Whoever devises a non-dairy vanilla latte would be my hero. I drink black coffee, but need something different too.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    You won't notice the egg. I promise.

Trixie is offline Junior Member
    I did this a lot this summer. Make coffee in a coffee press, and in the afternoon, mix the leftover coffee with coconut milk, half coffee and half milk, and add a bit of sweetener if I felt like it. And I served it over ice. yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    You won't notice the egg. I promise.
    alright you sold me...though I've never been comfortable with raw eggs, even if they are cage free organic, grass fed.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    If you're worried, wash the outside first before breaking the shell and use very fresh eggs. The salmonella risk from eggs is largely from contamination on the outside of the shell (although there are ways to get bacterial contamination inside, it's quite rare). Alternately, you can pasteurize your eggs if you're really concerned about it.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal