Thread: I find myself eating more meat... page

sasuga is offline Member

I find myself eating more meat...

I seem to be eating more meat than anything else. I wasn't really a veggie person to begin with... Is there a set amount of veggies I should be eating while being primal?
    Last edited by sasuga; 10-01-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Eat to live, don't live to eat.

dado Guest
    There is no set amount but don't ignore them. Try to have at least a little serving every day, and mix the colors as a general rule.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Unless you are eating from the whole animal, you will need at least some to make sure you're getting some of the essential micronutrients. You'll hear people talking about health being possible with no vegetable intake, but to do that you have to eat a range of organ meats, brain, and other tissues. Most of us don't eat that way (and with the concern over prion diseases, I won't eat brain ever), so unless you're going to that extent, you'll need some plant matter in your diet.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Unless you are eating from the whole animal, you will need at least some to make sure you're getting some of the essential micronutrients. You'll hear people talking about health being possible with no vegetable intake, but to do that you have to eat a range of organ meats, brain, and other tissues. Most of us don't eat that way (and with the concern over prion diseases, I won't eat brain ever), so unless you're going to that extent, you'll need some plant matter in your diet.
    That is not true. The people living very far north ate an all meat diet and did not eat the organs, brains, etc. That was for dogs. Before you make absolutely rubbish comments, do some research about what you're saying.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    That is not true. The people living very far north ate an all meat diet and did not eat the organs, brains, etc. That was for dogs. Before you make absolutely rubbish comments, do some research about what you're saying.
    I am not an expert on all northern diets, but Inuit in Canada eat many parts of animals, including liver, brain, skin, heart, blubber, and blood, some of that consumed raw when processing the animal after killing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

greensleeves is offline Member
    Greenlanders traditionally also ate seaweed, moss and berries in the summer. They ate few veggies, but some.

js290 is offline Senior Member

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    What about vitamin C, manganese and folate? You need plants or organs for those. Although you could 'live' while having somewhat of a nutrient deficiency, think about vegans.

To answer the question: There's no set amount, you don't have to eat them, although it's a good idea to eat them. What about cooking vegetables in butter or sweet potatoes