Thread: Hey there! page

Uppy is offline Member

Hey there!

Hi All,

My name is Jim, and I'm trying to remember what I was doing when I came upon MDA, but for the life of me I can't! I thought it looked like a sensible way to move toward achieving my weight loss and fitness goals, so I bought the book and here I am. I started the day with a bacon & egg detox, and should be receiving the book later today. Essentially, today is Day 1.

A little bit of background: I am Wisconsin born and raised. Grew up on a dairy farm and I suppose would qualify as your stereotypical big ol' farm boy. My older brother is taking over the farm once Dad retires, so that leaves me to find my own way, and it's been brutal in terms of weight control. I'm currently 27 and work in an office, and the years since college have not been kind. I have always been big at about 6'7". I was also a thrower on the track team in college, so eating has always been a joy for me. The problem I guess is that it was the wrong things. Beer is also something I love, which doesn't help either.

Anyhow, I graduated college at 285, and ballooned to 335 when I moved to Madison for a job. Apartment living was not my style, and neither was the "big city" so I took the opportunity to move back closer to home in 2010. In May 2010 I started on P90 and jogging, and dropped to a more manageable 305, where I have been stuck since August 2010. While it is encouraging to have maintained that weight for over a year, I want and NEED to lose more. I feel pretty good most of the time, I'm still quite strong, and I'm pretty lean in my arms and legs due to "chronic cardio" and running this summer/fall, but the stubborn core section is not improving much. I've always heard that diet plays a large part in that.

So, there it is. It starts today. Weighed in at 302.6 this morning. I'm not going to just say I want to lose weight here either. I want to be a beast-man. I want to make "college me" tremble in fear. To sum up: 27, 6'7", 302.6#, max weight of 335#, goal weight of 260# to start, and go from there!

Looking forward to being a part of this! No pictures just yet - I'm saving them for when I have something to compare to!

Jim

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jim, and good luck on your new found Primal Life. You will find many good resources and support within these pages. Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jim. Welcome. I hope primal goes well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Uppy is offline Member

Carb withdrawals?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've read a bit about "carb flu" on here and was wondering if I might be experiencing some of the effects. I started going primal this past Saturday, and so far I've just had a "loopy" feeling and it has seemed like I'm always on the verge of a slight headache, but never in pain. I've also been feeling a bit lethargic, and went for a short jog last night - I'm more sore than usual this morning despite the brevity of the jog.

Is this fairly typical of a "fuel system transition"? Is my body just not used to the carb deficit yet?