Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Phreebie rocks the Grok PB page

phreebie is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal: Phreebie rocks the Grok PB

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    By way of introduction:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38828.html

Saturday here, and I worked 8a - 8p. I only had 2 hardboiled eggs left in the fridge so saved them for a workday snack and had a chorizo sausage and some smoked kahawai for breakfast. Got to work and had my coffee.

Coffee and the 2 hard boiled eggs for morning tea.

Big bowl of mixed vegetables and some more smoked kahawai for lunch. A sugar free 'energy' drink.

A big handful of almonds and an apple between 2p - 6p. 2 cups of black tea no milk or sugar.

A large glass of diet coke <=== This. This is my current challenge and the least amount of coke i've drunk in a long time by a long chalk.

8:30p a bowl of stir fry chicken & broccoli with some (probably non-primal) sauce. 2 large mugs of chamomile tea.

So today was a sleep in - that often seems to happen on my first day off. A handful of smoked kahawai, the last of it, then around 4pm I made a pound of Paleo Buffalo wings to snack on during the NZ Canada rugby match. I also had some Diet coke - boo hiss.

Tonight's dinner is ribs!

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    Thanks for the paleo buffalo wing recipe link.

And it looks like you are starting this challenge thing about the same time as me. Best of luck on it!

Thank you for your encouragement! You are more than welcome for the recipe link. The wings were good, I added more garlic and will add more spice to it next time as well, I made the sauce as the recipe said, even though I only had 1 lb of winglets. I like stuff a little hotter - I'm married to a cajun

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis-MA View Post
    Thanks for the paleo buffalo wing recipe link.

And it looks like you are starting this challenge thing about the same time as me. Best of luck on it!

`

Substituted some diet coke with black tea yesterday, so I drank less than usual, but still more than I'd prefer. Did an LHT this morning, felt pretty bad during/immediately after and thought I might throw up. I'm not sure why, maybe too soon after my 2 HB eggs?

I felt a little let down that my 1st set of press ups was 5 short of what I did in the previous session, but looking back over the numbers it seems that the last session's figure was unusually high, maybe I was just having a good day that time? I consoled myself that the total of the two sets for today was still 1 press up higher than the total for the 2 sets in the previous session. Yay!!

========Set1====Set2====Level
    Push up===25=====26======4
    Pull up====15=====15======3
    Squat=====50=====50======4
    OHP======15=====15======4
    F plank====90======45=====4
    S Plank 1===45=====45======4
    S plank 2===45=====45======4

Karate tonight, our warmup usually includes press ups and crunches/bicycles etc. If we have to stay in horse stance for any length of time I will pay again for the squats too. Never mind, one day the squats will mean I can hold the lowest horse stance for the longest

I also had my progress pictures taken and took my measurements and body fat calculations. I felt like it was a little bit of a cheat to do this right after an LHT but never mind, I hadn't done it for a while and decided doing it then was better than not doing it at all. Sorry but the progress pictures aren't for publication yet.

While I know that the body fat caliper I have is cheap, inaccurate, and the measurements are subject to fluctuation even with good ones, I'm a little concerned that the 2kg (4.4 lb) that I lost in the last month seems fairly evenly divided between fat and lean mass. I'm fairly sure I'm eating enough and sufficient protein. I'm not trying to pack on muscle mass at the moment, but I'd prefer to conserve what I do have. Keep at the LHT I guess and see how things progress. Weight & waist measurement seem to be the only ones that are progressing steadily. All of the others bounce around a lot and and some - like chest and bicep - I'm not sure whether it's better to be going up or down. Once all of the extraneous fat is gone, I'm sure any increase is good, but until then I just don't know.

Anyway, the kettle has boiled and I am going to make a big pot of gen mai cha tea, instead of pouring a coke.

Oh yeah and the fun thing about today's LHT: The dog came and lay on his back, and every time I dropped in a squat I rubbed his belly

Last night was grilled chicken, mixed veg, a small helping of rice for dinner, and a chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Today I had left over grilled chicken straight from the fridge for breakfast, along with a big drink of skim milk.
    Snacked on a HB egg some time around 11 then went shopping for seedlings since it's spring downunder.

Planted:
    6 cauilis
    6 Broccoli
    6 broccoflower
    1 pickle
    3 cherry tomatoes
    6 spinach

still to plant, when I sort out the best location:
    6 chillis
    untold spring onions

Pulled a few weeds out too. Spent most of the time doing this with shirt off soaking up the rays. It felt very grok-like man-handling a plastic 30 gallon drum that was half full of compost.

A quick shower, some more cold grilled chicken and then an hour and a half of aikido class. Both the senior student present, and one of the instructors remarked on how much weight I've lost.

Tonight's dinner is curried local farmed beef sausages with mixed vegies.

Drank a lot less diet coke today than yesterday, and have filled an old coke bottle with water, and placed it where the coke usually sits. I've done this before, and it works for a few days until I go back to coke. I'm ready to make it stick this time.

Wicked bad diarrhea after dinner tonight. Almost like I was starting over again. I do wonder whether it is related to retained water. Last time this happened I lost a kg overnight, and it stayed gone.

:shrug:

Yesterday was the start of my shift rotation again. An 8pm start so the day is one of mostly rest. Woke up and schlepped the garbage out for collection. Had a couple of HB eggs, and went and checked on my newly planted seedlings. Not too much slug/snail carnage observed, all good. Boiled up another 10 or so eggs for the coming roster week, the odd one or two always crack in the pot.

Lunch was a can of sardines on 3 pieces of whole grain toast. Before primal I always thought this was a super healthy meal, and I'm still not ready to give away the toast with my sardines yet. Any suggestions for a fast, easy accompaniment for sardines, other than salad? Next time I may try scrambled or mashed HB egg with them.

After that came a piece of real resistance:

1 clove of garlic (home grown) finely sliced
    2 dried chillies (home grown) finely sliced
    a drizzle of olive oil

Into the slow cooker with them

Cube up 600 grams of grass fed gravy beef and mix it in with everything else.

Drizzle over a liberal quantity of Kaitaia Fire.
    add a cup or so of boiling water and set to high for a few hours.

I did a few more chores then turned in for a pre-shift nap. On waking 3 hours later, turn the slow cooker to low add a cup of hot beef stock and serve up with nuked broccoli, cauli and carrots.

A couple of cups of coffee, 2 apples, 2 HB eggs a handful of almonds, a sugar free energy drink and a hot chocolate around 6am saw me through the 12 hr shift and I was home in bed by 9a.

No more diarrhea since the other night.

OK, so a couple of days since an update. Mostly it was all about the working. After the first night, I slept pretty well, and just got up, and got ready to go back to work again for another 12 hour night shift, which was much the same food wise as the first. Then came the change over day. This is the day where I finish at 8a and then start back at work at 8a the following day. This means that when I get home I have a few hours sleep and then must wake up, in order to be able to get a decent night's sleep before work the next day. This means that quite often I am somewhat a bear to be around in the afternoon, but as I come round things perk up again.

As is often our custom on a Friday we went out for dinner and drinks with friends that evening. I had been looking forward to this all week as the meal for easing up on the rules. I have no idea what happened but it ended up like I had received a message from god to *EAT ALL THE FOOD* and *DRINK ALL THE BEER* I had a shrimp salad for an appetiser, then a surf & turf (steak & seafood) main. I still left the majority of the fries on the plate though. I've definitely drunk more beer than that during a meal out, but it still seemed like a lot. Then on the way home I got a small pot of NZ green lipped mussels and a 50g dark chocolate bar!

EEP!

That night I didn't have a particularly good night's sleep, and woke up a little early for work. I didn't have a hangover at all but my tummy still didn't feel so good. I had my HB eggs, and packed the last of the chilli beef and a big bowl of vegetables and went to work.

Throughout the day I felt much better, but still wasn't hungry. I didn't manage a fast, but still only ate 2 HB eggs an apple and a handful of nuts for the whole day, and it actually was enough.

Southern style chicken & dumplings for dinner, but without the dumplings, and very little rice. Along with watching the English rugby team throw away any chance of making the finals of the rugby world cup. France played well though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast