Thread: Pesto Shrimp & Tomatoes page

Katja is offline Junior Member

Pesto Shrimp & Tomatoes

Primal Fuel
    I had been avoiding making pesto this year, since I was afraid the presence of pesto in the fridge would lure me in the direction of pasta dishes, breads, and other Wrong Things, but all my beautiful basil plants called out to me to do something before they freeze.

So tonight I sauteed some shrimp quickly in olive oil, and tossed them with a tablespoon of pesto and a couple of chopped up garden tomatoes. Yum.

What other non-pasta things shall I do with all this pesto?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I am going to have to try this one!

Toss steamed vegetables with pesto.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I like to take a couple of big mushrooms, slather the gills with pesto, put a slice of goats cheese (chevre log or similar) on each one and bake in a hot oven about 12 minutes, until the mushroom is softened. Delicious! Also, chopped sundried tomato pieces on top of the pesto, before the cheese goes on is good.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    dang those are all good ideas. I like making pesto out of cilantro but i haven't been doing it much b/c i'm just used to it as a pasta sauce & i couldn't think of much to do with it. On vegetables, duh, that's a good idea.

also - you can kinda thin it out with more olive oil & lime or lemon juice & make a salad dressing out of it.