Thread: Crazy primal guy versus the imaginary pack of wolves page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Crazy primal guy versus the imaginary pack of wolves

Primal Fuel
    This is a challenge. A challenge to all of you to do what I just did.
    First, get attacked by a pack of wolves and fight for your life (no wolves necessary, just something to hit). Hit hard and fast, jump and duck, run away and back. Just hit. After this find some stairs (or a hill) and run up it. Watch your surroundings, the wolves are still hunting you.
    The alpha! Run back down, pick up a wolf (or a some garbage that you have lying around) and throw it! Quick! Push it over as it gets back up!
    Now run! Climb a tree (if you can find one). Do a short sprint.
    You need a weapon. Grab a rock, throw it at the wolves! Run over and get it, then throw it back (other arm). Keep going until they retreat again(you get tired)!
    This rock isn't enough. Run back up the hill (stairs) and grab a branch (sledgehammer if you have one).
    Uh oh. This pack is twice the size of a regular one. Swing the branch, hit them! Keep hitting(until you're out of energy)!
    They're retreating. The alpha is injured. Throw your stick at it. Oops, That was your bad arm, it only covered half the distance. Run, grab the stick and throw it again (other arm).
    Congratulations! You killed the alpha! And your tribe finally arrived (an entire battle late). Let them carry back supper, run back up the hill to camp and jump in the pond (cold shower). Sing of your victory. Enjoy the wolf meat (or beef, if you just imagined this like I did).
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Pretty wicked huh? This was completely spontaneous, I just started going and had fun. Please note that you should come up with your own storyline (and post it!), the only requirements for the challenge are using whatever you have on hand and imagining something Grokky to go along with it.
    Oh, and it needs to be extremely fun and extremely tough. You should be going until you drop and loving every second.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    LARPing for Primals

I liked the one that Mark suggested that requires a partner and you just play tag with a big heavy sandbag (big piece of animal carcass)

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    As I was reading your "adventure", I couldn't help but think of the kids (aged 6-13) around here. I've watched them play, and they never stop moving! That's when I realized: we need to start (re-start?) moving like when we were that young. And if we didn't move like that, then we need to start.

...why did we ever stop? Those were fun times!

JHen is offline Member
    I thought up a hunting game, inspired by something I read in another thread. You basically have an obstacle course to run. Parts where the prey is looking away and you have to sprint between cover. Another part where you have to jump a stream to avoid making noise. A part where you have to quickly crawl on hands and feet using some high grass for cover as you move in closer. Then, you get to a point where you have to throw a spear you've also been carrying the whole time and hit the prey, which is like a 40lbs sandbag. If you miss you have to sprint out and throw at the prey again which has ran away, represented by a sandbag further down from where the first sandbag is. Another miss and then another sprint for another try. Three strikes and you're out. If you mess up any of the earlier obstacles, you have to act like you missed for each time you messed up. So if you didn't sprint fast enough going from cover to cover, then when you go to through you have to sprint to the first bag and throw at the 2nd since you alerted the prey to your presence. After you hit it with the spear (which could be a 3ft dowel rod with a tennis ball or something on the end or whatever), you have to take the prey back to camp as fast as possible because there could be other animals looking for an easy meal (you or your prey!). Best done as a competition, fastest time wins!