Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you handle more coconut milk chocolate mousse? page

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member

Can you handle more coconut milk chocolate mousse?

Shop Now
    Yeah. I knew that you could!

Instead of melting chocolate, I experimented with cocoa powder, and the result was nothing short of a slam dunk. There is a little sugar in this recipe, but you could sub using only unsweetened cocoa powder and adding the sweetener of your choice.

Gina's latest chocolate coconut milk mousse, with raspberries.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, the pic looks SO good! I only have cocoa bars in the house though...
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Nice one...Gotta try it. Btw, have you tried asian markets for your coconut milk. I get that same brand from one near me.

Managed to make something like this with the cocoa bars I had. OH. MY. GOD. This is heaven!!

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    Oh my god.

How much cocoa powder should be used?

Well, I eyeballed it and it turned out fucking awesome. Added some honey, stevia, and vanilla extract to sweeten. Thanks for the recipe.

I tried the melted chocolate recipe that Mark has posted and it was good except the melted chocolate diluted the firmer consistency I got using powder instead. How much cocoa powder to use? I went with my taste buds and just kept adding until I got it as chocolatey as I wanted.

Last night I served this with warmed frozen berry mix and it was so good. The juice from the frozen berries cut the richness of the mousse perfectly.

Yeah, I should've added more instead of putting in how much I did. I like dark chocolate, but damn.

I should also try the berries next time. Like you, I hate cold fruit. Raspberries seem like they'd go great with this.

I used melted chocolate and to keep myself from licking the hot pan I threw in about two cups of mixed frozen berries and stirred till they weren't frozen anymore. Once the mousse had set I rewarmed the berry chocolate mixture, then layered mousse, then the berry chocolate mix (which had become sort of a lumpy syrup), then added a dollop of whipped heavy cream (to make it fancy). The berry's gave the chocolate a sweetness that went perfect with the dark chocolate mousse (and the difference in texture and temperature was awesome). The heavy cream was ok-it made it look pretty but I don't think taste-wise it was needed.

Nice experimentation Kaylee! I'm going to experiment further with the mousse in the future. Maybe incorporate eggs - yolks and whipped whites separately as in a traditional mousse maybe. I've never been a baker and I tried coconut flour muffins once and wasn't happy with the result. But I do like custards, flans and mousses - all the creamy stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast