Thread: workout, 3x a week for 40 minutes, what should I do? page

swelkind is offline Junior Member

workout, 3x a week for 40 minutes, what should I do?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,
    I just started the primal diet and now I'm going to put in the exercise. I am a Mom and also going to school so have little time. I walk my girls to school 2x a week and probably walk about 2 miles. I have time to go to the gym 2-3 other times a week and would like to know what Primal would recommend for the most effective workout in a limited amount of time for weight loss. I'm aiming to drop 10 - 20 pounds.

Thanks!

Suzanne

IrishJJ27 is offline Junior Member
    check out simplefit.org and the primal blueprint exercise guide sticky. Both can be done at home and in a short amount of time with minimal equipment

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Download the Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book and stick with the 5 essential movements. Pushups, pullups, squats, handstand pushups, and planks. Don't be intimidated by the names, there are progressions on these exercises from the least to most fit. They target the entire body, they work, and they are really all you need.

If you're asking, I will assume you are relatively inexperienced fitness wise. There are tons of other things you can do, but the 5 essentials are a great place to start. That and Mark's simple 3 to 5 hours of movement each week will get you well on your way. After you gain some fitness and experience you can break out into all sorts of fun stuff (cross-fit, kettle bells, krav-magra, whatever) but the 5 essentials will give you a great foundation.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swelkind View Post
    Hi,
    I just started the primal diet and now I'm going to put in the exercise. I am a Mom and also going to school so have little time. I walk my girls to school 2x a week and probably walk about 2 miles. I have time to go to the gym 2-3 other times a week and would like to know what Primal would recommend for the most effective workout in a limited amount of time for weight loss. I'm aiming to drop 10 - 20 pounds.
    “BODY BY SCIENCE” — ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
    BODY BY SCIENCE (VIDEO 11): WENDY McGUFF’S BIG 4 WORKOUT (Part 1)
    BODY BY SCIENCE (VIDEO 11): WENDY McGUFF’S “BIG 4″ WORKOUT — Part 2

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    If you want something programmed, Starting Strength is very difficult to go wrong with.

Otherwise, PBF and sprints, or something similar.

Exercise is less correlated with losing weight than diet.

rspacher is offline Member
    Very good recommendations here...
    starting strength...nerd fitness...good stuff...
    I have been doing the starting strength stuff, or a variation of that for years...IT WORKS...
    i wish i knew about this stuff when i was in my teens and twenties...
    Do strength training...keep it simple...bench press, military press, pullups, squat and dead-lift...nothing more needed...
    Look at websites for nerd fitness, starting strength(Mark Riptoe), Hard Gainers(Stuart McRoberts)...
    Don't worry you won't get big bulky muscles...
    If it were that easy to get big bulky muscles all the guys would look like Mr Olympia...
    Combined with PB any one of these programs will be awesome...give it time and be patient...nothing happens overnight...
    give it 90 days and you will be pleased...