Thread: Army Wife w/Fibro and CFS going Primalicious! page

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member

Wink Army Wife w/Fibro and CFS going Primalicious!

Primal Fuel
    HI All. I'm Deila. Fairly new to Primal although VERY educated on Atkins WOE. Went primal about 3 weeks ago when I found that being a hunter/gatherer fit better as a piece of my *Life Puzzle*.

So far, going Grok has helped my FMS and CFS tremendously! Eating high levels of protein and fat has helped my muscles and exhaustion SO much! It is amazing.

I had been almost bedridden for 3 years (combination of illness and pregnancy) and ended up gaining almost 100 pounds (from the pregnancy, different *guinea pig* medications (with awful side effects) and eating badly).

Within the last 2 months I've finally gotten into a med regime that has given me the ability to function like a *normal* person (those who have FMS/CFS will understand what I'm saying) and I am ready to do the things needed to make me a more healthy and active Grokette.

With my husband deployed, I really am looking for some support and friends with whom I can chat with and who will give me a boot in the butt. It would be awesome to have a weight loss buddy(ies) and/or workout buddy(ies) or another older parent :::coughcough41coughcough::: with young kids (my son is 2.5).

Hope all is well in YOUR Grokin World!
    ~Deila
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) I've had fibro/CFS/Chronic EBV since I was 17, and IBS my whole life, so I totally get what you are saying. Going off gluten was HUGE for me, even though it was so hard. I find that beef, mostly commercial beef, and nightshades can cause inflammation as well. Some days I feel like I can't eat anything and other days I cannot believe how amazingly satisfying a salad and fish can be.

I'm also a mom. I have one child, but believe me, she's enough! She is very energetic, bouncing off the walls. She is only 4, but can easily run a half-mile and then hop another half home. Somedays I cannot do much and we watch movies all day- enter mommy guilt.

Things are getting better. :-)

PS I grew up a Navy brat, so I totally get the military lifestyle. Thankfully, we were able to travel as a family, so my dad was never gone very long.
    Last edited by Unshod Sarah; 09-30-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: forgot to mention...

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    OI I know what you mean about an energetic kiddo. Yesterday was the first time in 3 years I could actually take a walk... walked my son to day care while he rode his bike (7/10ths of a mile), he did his usual pre school run around inside and outside... and I STILL had to *beat* him into submission to go to sleep before 10PM!!! LOL

Also, the *Mommy Guilt* is horrible huh? For those days, I had made sure I had a gate built into our wall so that I could block off the majority of the house, and had locks installed on all the doors, so that Zee wouldn't get into anything while I was bedridden. I still have those days once in a GREAT while.... but not as often and not as bad either.

The other day I did 3 loads of laundry, cooked dinner and did the dishes afterward, played *chase* through the house with Zee... then called my mom and bawled my eyes out because it dawned on me that I had done ALL THOSE THINGS in the same day!

I, too, am a Navy brat (both parents) and all 3 brothers went into the military. I don't know a civilian way of living. Right now hubby is in Qatar (his 6th!!!!! deployment) and won't return until February 2012. I am hoping we will be able to return to Ft Campbell, KY because I need to live somewhere the seasons change. El Paso is one big hot sunny desert where everything is brown!!!!

Glad to meet you and I hope your FMS/CFS gets better!
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Della. I hope primal goes great for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.