Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal indigestion page

miss-m is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Primal indigestion

Hello all...

Did anyone else encounter stomach problems when starting to eat Primal? I have been encountering some really uncomfortable bouts of indigestion where I will have pain at the top of my stomach and a bit of nausea. Is this probably something that will pass when my body gets used to the new way I'm eating? Did anyone else go through something similar?

Thanks!!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    I did!!!

I started taking probiotics and ALLL my digestive issues went away.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I was very nauseated for the first couple weeks and had extremely loose stools. It'll pass.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's sucks! I had the opposite. All of my digestive problems went away but for me I think it's specifically because I just simply should not be eating grains.

Have you added some new food to your diet? Maybe something you are intolerant of that you're now eating?

tailypoe3 is offline Member
    Is there any more on this? I have been having increasing problems with indigestion since going primal. I havn't completely given up dairy, but when I have a smoothie or something with dairy thats one of the few things that DOESNT cause bloating and stomach pain. Nuts are one big offender and I cant even eat a small plate of bacon and eggs with no cheese without issues...Im thinking my body does not like digesting fats and proteins. Ive been doing this for about 6 months now and Ive noticed a bit of stomach sensitivity in the past, but its almost constant now. Doctor just said I have IBS and to take benefiber. =/

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tailypoe3 View Post
    Is there any more on this? I have been having increasing problems with indigestion since going primal. I havn't completely given up dairy, but when I have a smoothie or something with dairy thats one of the few things that DOESNT cause bloating and stomach pain. Nuts are one big offender and I cant even eat a small plate of bacon and eggs with no cheese without issues...Im thinking my body does not like digesting fats and proteins. Ive been doing this for about 6 months now and Ive noticed a bit of stomach sensitivity in the past, but its almost constant now. Doctor just said I have IBS and to take benefiber. =/
    not that it doesn't like digesting fats and proteins but that it is mediocre at it - lacks digestive enzymes, gallbladder issues etc. Fix the reason and fix the indigestion, nauseau.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    I'm too lazy to search the message board. Could someone please explain both 'probiotics' mentioned in post #2 and how to 'fix the reason' as Sue described above? (Yes, I am relying on the largesse of others on this board...)

My indigestion/reflux has definitely improved while eating Primal, but it hasn't completely gone away. Wow would I be happier if it would go away!
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    not that it doesn't like digesting fats and proteins but that it is mediocre at it - lacks digestive enzymes, gallbladder issues etc. Fix the reason and fix the indigestion, nauseau.
    Ummm any further ideas on how to "fix the issue" then? I have papaya/pineapple chewables, take probiotics, and drink kombucha (not every day but a few times a week when funds allow). I have even tried drinking lemon in my water and I tried taking Betaine HCL in case it was a low stomach acid issue...that made some of the bloating go away but I seem to have more of an esophageal burning/reflux instead so Im not sure if stomach acid is the issue. A few months ago I received a urine test and I had a pH of 8.5 if that means anything..

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem, I was always eating very low fat/non fat for a long time, my system wsnt used to eating primal.
    I found probiotics help also I drink coconut water kefir. Digestive enzymes capsules will assist too.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How long did you take the digestive enzymes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast