Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Coffee! page

Biggie is offline Junior Member

Help with Coffee!

Shop Now
    So my day starts with coffee. It also continues with coffee throughout the day and into the evening. On average, I drink between four (4) and six (6) pots of coffee a day.

Before Primal, a cup of coffee consisted of 2 packages of Sweet-n-Low (I know, but I like the bitterness of it), and a decent amount of non-dairy creamer.

I've been Primal for a week. I was able to cut the sweetener pretty readily, but not the creamer.

Now, before y'all tell me about the joys of Cream, or Half-n-Half, etc. please understand I am lactose intolerant. Not a little bit, but a lot. Like fetal-position puking, and the whole nine yards.

Is there any kind of non-dairy creamer I can eat? I was kind of thinking of coconut milk, but I've never had it...

MarkG is offline Junior Member
    Hey there, I love my coffee also! Im pretty new to the whole paleo/primal thing but I dived right into the coconut stuff, its been awesome

Try either coconut milk or even better a big dollop of coconut cream, its delicious. I also like to put in a bit of stevia, pretty much the only natural sweetener which gets semi-approval from the paleo standpoint.

MarkG is offline Junior Member
    oh you can also try almond milk, but its not as good as coconut milk in my opinion. Great for protein shakes tho

Autumnrose is offline Member
    I agree adding coconut or almond milk is a good alternative to dairy. I like almond milk and stevia.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member

dado Guest
    between four and six pots? pots or cups?

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    If that's all high test you're doing some damage. I hope you do decaff in the afternoon at least.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    I always used to use some sort of creamer in mine... but then i slowly progressed to full bodied dark roasts... now I drink it black beacuse with the full body and vivid flavor profile I dont need it.

I still use half and half in weak coffee though.

Nutshell.. dry a full bodied dark roast black.. If it is a no go all the above options are good as well

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    THIS.... It is CRACK!!! OMG I could eat it w/o the coffee!!!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    Actually, dark roasts tend to taste like the flavor of raosting as opposed to the flavor of the beans, so you can go middle or even bottom shelf beans if dark roast is your thing. For medium roasts, you really get the flavor of the beans, which is good if the beans are good and bad otherwise...

For creamer alternatives I will sometimes use coconut milk or shave a little cacao butter over top, but this is only if I'm not drinking a good-flavored city roast, in which case I take it black as night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast