Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I still hate bacon. Am I eating bad slices/cooking them wrong? page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Help! I still hate bacon. Am I eating bad slices/cooking them wrong?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've always disliked bacon because of the texture of being too dry and crumbly while imparting a much too salty flavor. I haven't eaten it for years. I just tried it today, and I still hate it. Am I being served badly cooked bacon, and/or what's the best way to cook it properly? Any particular bacon brands that are good?

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member
    Why do you think you need to eat bake when you don`t like it? You can enjoy a good Primal diet without baking. Prepare something you like instead :-)

peril is offline Senior Member
    Don't stress it. Bacon is optional. I prefer slow cooked pork belly for that real porcine indulgence
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    You'll probably do better without the bacon. Don't sweat it and don't force it on yourself if you don't like it.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat much bacon either. Unnecessary.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    I find that I like it most as a condiment. I add it to greens to salt them up. I crumble a piece on a salad. I use it in a sauce. Stuff like that.

If you don't like it, don't eat it. There are so many other wonderful foods out there!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Haha, okay. I am just feeling sad that I cannot identify with all the PBers out there who are in love with bacon

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm not a huge fan of bacon. I pretty much just cook it once ever 3 months or so b/c occasionally i like it w/ eggs & it is kinda nice crumbled over salad and i like to cook other stuff in bacon grease.

if you're getting bacon at a restaurant it's probably way overcooked and probably cheapo stuff too.

get the thicker "rasher" style cuts at the grocery store & don't cook it to death & you'll probably like it better.

however, you definitely don't have a requirement to eat bacon, so don't worry about it.

primalblonde is offline Member

Smile Mmm, bacon.

There's nothing wrong with disliking bacon, so I wouldn't worry about it. BUT Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon is awesome!! & you have to overcook it to make it crispy, so I would definitely give that one a try before swearing bacon off completely, lol

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I've always disliked bacon because of the texture of being too dry and crumbly while imparting a much too salty flavor.
    Have you sought counselling? :P
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast