Thread: Nascent Capital Caveman page

mjn298 is offline Junior Member

Nascent Capital Caveman

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, All!

My name is Mike and i'm an aspiring blueprinter in Washington, DC.

I'm 23 years old and decided to go primal a few days ago. I got pretty disgusting and was fed up with it - this was in spite of a Conventional Wisdom "healthy diet" and 2-4 hours of Tennis 4 days a week (I'm still going to do that, even if it is over training, because I love it).

I was sluggish, the quickness I once had was gone, and I looked bloated all the time. Also I'm pretty sure I developed light Rosacea.

My concerned mother got the book "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis and consumed it as voraciously as I'd consumed "healthy whole grains" for a long time. We were both blinded by conventional wisdom (which is odd because my dad is a surgeon, but I guess they are too concerned with anatomy and technique to worry about biochemistry and the nutrition side).

I made a conscious effort to eliminate grains and potatoes from my diet. In about 3 weeks I'd lost 10 pounds but plateaued and did more research. I somehow ended up here and have integrated the PB into my lifestyle.

I've been "primal" for a week. It's in quotes because I probably eat more fruit than the diet calls for but I'm starting to replace bananas and apples with berries.. I had all this fruit and I didn't want to throw it away!

I also indulge in a few alcoholic beverages on the weekends BUT I'm proud to say I haven't succumbed to the beer munchies in about a month! My penchant for booze will certainly interfere with my ability to totally be primal. My best friend is Type 1 Diabetic and we do rounds for one another separate from everyone else.. so hopefully my choices are only moderately detrimental.

Going very lo-carb has had only positive effects on my well being! I'm very happy to report that. Bear in mind that I was already making a huge effort to stay around 55-60 grams of carbs daily so the step even lower has not been drastic.

I spring for organic now and happily pay the premium for grass-fed ruminant meats. I just feel so much better all of the time.

To test myself every now and again, I think of the foods I used to enjoy and really focus on getting my mouth watering for them. No matter how hungry I am, I don't want them anymore! That may be what I'm most proud of.

I'm excited to be here, and I will gladly share my future PB experiences with all interested parties.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mike.

The tennis is play. Enjoy.

A few alcoholic beverages on the weekend is fine.

55-60 grams of carbs should be fine. Primal is not necessarily low carb.

Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

mjn298 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, dude!

and thanks to Mark as well! (man I feel like a cultist saying that)