Thread: New Member in Colorado page

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member

New Member in Colorado

Shop Now
    I have been lurking for a few weeks and living primal and became commotted a month ago.

Hi My Name is Bryan, I used to love beer but always was congested after dringing one(we have wonderful micro brews where I just moved(Durango, Co)

Currently I am 40 years old 6' tall 195 pounds and wanting to improve my performance and mobility (reach back towards my peak) and then try to maintain it.

I grew up in Corpus Christi Texas and was a chronic over trainer from 14-23. My nightly dinner in Highschool consisted of a pound of ground beef, hamburger helper and several slices of bread and what passed for butter substitute.(how counterproductive!)

In Marine corps Boot camp after High school my plat0on was restricted from eating bread or milk by the drill instructors. I lost weight even though I thought I was in great shape. My run times improved and I was part of an honor platoon out performing other boot camp platoons in our battallion.

well 20 years later I found I was slipping I still had goodstrength but the bodyfat was killing me finding myself out of breath in activities that shouldn't have caused that. I was up to 212 pounds as recently as June.

I may have confirmation bias but I thing this lifestyle fits my needs and I feel great! I am loosing more inches than weight, my energy levels are up and I have signs of increased testorone(good morning!) that I have not seen in some time.

raney is offline Senior Member
    A delightful coincidence I've come across is that if you wear Vibram Five Fingers on a daily basis for a few months in Colorado, you're inevitably going to make a few primal friends. Its a good place to be.

Welcome!

Awesome, I Have the five fingers! They are pretty common here.
    I am recovering from last weekends mountain bike accident (concussion, stiches in my lower leg, rock rash all over) I broke the primary primal rule, avoid trauma!. Fortunately I am recovering quicly(I have been drinking bone broth and following all primal guidelines Minus lifting and sprinting since my flight over handlebars.I plan on my first real workout other than moving slowly tommorow(that'since sunday and I am itching to getback into lifting and sprinting!

I have noticed in my newfound home in the SW of Colorado Paleo food is plentifull both wild and domestic.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Bryan, I will be down in Durango towards the end of the month to finish my Lacrosse coaching certification. I will, of course, be going to Carver's for dinner/beer. I would definitely be even more primal if I lived down there. It is great.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Isn't it funny how much sense it makes once you stop and think about it?

I'm pretty new here too, (Colorado Springs) but I love it!

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Today I walked about 7 miles down junction creek train up onto the colorado trail and back, in my five fingers. It was a fun time.
    I then went home walked my dog(to small for the trail) and cooked up some grass fed beef liver in bacon grease with a whole onion. Tommorow is sprint day and I am about to hit the sack. I really am enjoying my sleep more.

I am struggling if I want to try to regain muscle or just go for a pure performance out look on life, at 6' and 195#. I'm enjoying cutting back to lifting just twice a week leaving room to recover and play. fFom a purely sustainable lifestyle perspective the Primal blueprint fitsthe bill. I may add heavy barbell's work once a week just for the testosterone boost as the winter will bring me less sun exposure.

I have been good the past 6 weeks about beer drinking. I have set aside 1 occassion a month to do the local beer thing (it's Durango and I can think of 5 localbreweries off the top of my head) otherwise I have a few glasses of redwine a week.