Thread: Becoming Bulletproof page

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member

Becoming Bulletproof

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone heard of this? (becomingbulletproof.net) I just purchased it and it seems like some solid stuff. It's mostly about regaining the natural human movement patterns and abilities we should all be masters of. They call it "pressing reset". The authors also have a lot to say about the importance of play. I like their stance that we are all athletes, and our sport is life. It seems to mesh really well with Mark's philosophy on exercise, fitness, and play so I thought I'd mention it. Has anyone tried this stuff? are there any opinions, good or bad?

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    How have you liked it so far? Is the book worth it?

epwyckoff is offline Junior Member
    I've purchased and used Becoming Bulletproof and it really does work great. Before reading it I had read about and used the Feldenkrais Method, a somatic educational system, but it's tough without a teacher. I found this to be a great alternative way to build body awareness. They both follow similar logic in using movements we learn as we grow, but may have forgotten.

The best part is that the exercises are simple enough that almost anyone can do them and they require no equipment. The most helpful exercise for me has been rocking and seeing how it carries over to my squats.

meatismyfriend is offline Junior Member
    Seems like solid info. I've been following something called the Bulletproof Body with great results:
    Bulletproof Body | The Bulletproof Executive

Maillard965 is offline Junior Member
    They call it "pressing reset".

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Sounds interesting.

Jamison is offline Banned
    I read the book recently. Very quick read with some interesting ideas. Planning on giving the movements a try for the next couple of weeks while I allow my strained Achilles tendon time to heal.

Overall, the book is well worth the $10 price tag. The authors stress the importance of play and daily movement. They offer many suggestions on movement routines and a very basic yet effective workout plan.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a book that I need to add to my collection, I have You are your own gym, the naked warrior, and a few other books on strength and core fitness. I would like to also get both Convict conditioning books.

StaceyOverbeck is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I found this to be a great alternative way to build body awareness.