Thread: Ironman page

akbreezo is offline Junior Member

Ironman

My apologies for cross-posting!
    I am new to the Paleo scene and am very interested in implementing it. However, I am one month away from my first iron distance triathlon and am assuming that making big changes to my diet is not the best move at this point. So I have a number of questions.
    1. What changes can I make at this point without impacting the last big push in my training and the race itself?
    2. What is the best way to start a Paleo lifestyle once the race is complete?
    3. What resources are there for endurance athletes looking to follow this path (I have Paleo for Athletes)?
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on any or all!
    Thanks,
    Bree

bushpeter is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) consisting of a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (42.195 kilometres (26.219 mi)) run, raced in that order and without a break. Most Ironman events have a strict time limit of 17 hours to complete the race, where the Ironman race starts at 7 AM, the mandatory swim cut off for the 2.4-mile (3.9 km) swim is 2 hours 20 minutes, the bike cut off time is 5:30 PM, and all finishers must complete their marathon by midnight.ron Man (Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark) is a fictional character, a superhero in the Marvel Comics Universe.