Thread: Low Level Cardio help for an 'All or Nothing' PBer page

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Alright guys,

I am a recovering Chronic Cardioer - (Triathlete) who has seen the Primal light and been reformed! However, old habits die hard and whenever I have a chance to perform some 'low level cardio' I have to resist the urge to turn it into a full blown workout. It kinda borders on OCD. BUT, when I re-read some articles, tips, and suggestions it seems like that's what we SHOULD be doing..

Example: While out taking an evening stroll - it seems as if it would be normal for your regular PBer to leap up onto a park bench, or climb a tree, or break out into a sprint or do some Push-ups along a Seawall or something..

IS this normal? Is this ABNORMAL? Am I crazy?! Any help or advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! What's up?!

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

If anyone stares just say you are a parkour runner. I mean seriously, who cares if you are healthy and happy? I don't spend much time thinking about what other people think of me. I'm 350+ lbs and I go to the gym to lift weights for 40 minutes a day and do 0 cardio. People can tut tut all they want - I'm losing weight at 5lbs a week.

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Sweet! Thanks, Dualhammers! You rock. Keep up the Good work and Congatulations!

Vick is offline Senior Member

I really respect the parkour runner for over all conditioning without the muscular mass. The key to avoiding "cardio" is the 60 minute jog 6 days a week that does nothing but set you up for plastic knees ten years for now.

Respect your whole body. Train hard. Rest so that your organs can dump the toxins and your muscles can heal and grow. Protect your joints. Avoid trama.

I lift 20 minutes a week. I've only lost about 1 lb a week since I started in August. My one rep bench press has gone from 185 lbs to 405 lbs. I'm not loosing muscle mass... I'm gaining but still losing weight. I allow my muscles to heal and grow. My pant size have dropped from a size 46 to a size 36.

And yes, I love doing a chin up on a tree branch or a quick dash in the middle of a walk... because I can and it makes me feel great.

Vick, your pecs must be HUGE!

For me it's my legs. I've gone from a 205 squat to closer to 450 repping and I can one rep it at 550.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Damn Dualhammers and Vick.. how long did it take you to see those gains?

Programming?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I've been working out like that for about a year now. I just have that strong endomorphic body-type. I can't move fast to save my life, but give me a big rock and I'm your man.

Also, I don't look cut - I have very soft muscle.