Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question regarding gluten free pasta products page 2

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I don't eat that much GF pasta because it doesn't really occur to me. But rice isn't all that bad for you, really - it's just empty carb calories, which if you work out a lot, is really needed. It's one of the areas where Paleo doesn't match the science all that well. Occasional rice just isn't bad for you.
    That's one of the reasons I'm not too keen on the Paleo moniker. Just because a food is evolutionarily novel doesn't mean its bad for you. There's just a much higher probability that you won't be well adapted to it. It's a great rule of thumb but there are also people who tend to treat it like a religion and take it very literally. I'm not looking for some caveman SCA shit. I just want an optimally healthy diet. So I appreciate the evolutionary angle in so much as it explains why so many of these neolithic foods wreak havoc in our bodies, but unfortunately some folks will just go with the oversimplification that the label provides.

SherryTX is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the replies!
    No, I don't often eat the cereal - it is mainly for my kids. I may have some a couple times a month, maybe a small bowl.
    And no lifting going on...unless you count laundry lol.
    Yes, I am actually pretty over weight - I have kept off a good bit of the weight I lost initially when I was doing better a few months ago (have kept off maybe 15 to 20 lbs), but need to lose about 100 to 130 lbs.

I do love pho - the rice noodles are soooo good! I don't really miss pasta a great deal - at least I didn't until the past few weeks for sure. Maybe I need to go back and re-read the book or sites, but I didn't think rice was the worst thing in the world either, unless of course, yes I do need to lose a lot of weight.

But if I keep it in the 50 to 100 g range a day for the most part I should be okay, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12