Thread: Butter and cod liver oil? page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Butter and cod liver oil?

Shop Now
    I was reading around the Weston Price site and saw this: Cod Liver Oil - Weston A Price Foundation

I never heard of butter oil before, are they talking about ghee? Doesn't quite sound like it. I take cod liver oil, infrequently, and usually in the mornings on an empty stomach. Am I wasting my time if I'm not having it with fat? The article says it's way more effective when combined with butter oil, and "relatively ineffective" on it's own. I snooped around iherb.com but didn't find anything definitive... thanks.

Also from the WAPF site. The section on synergy with vitamins A and D seems to indicate that K2 really boosts effectiveness, but also does not seem to say the COL is "relatively ineffective." So if you can afford butter oil (check Amazon, rather pricey), great, if not, I would say that COL is still well worth it.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Also from the WAPF site. The section on synergy with vitamins A and D seems to indicate that K2 really boosts effectiveness, but also does not seem to say the COL is "relatively ineffective." So if you can afford butter oil (check Amazon, rather pricey), great, if not, I would say that COL is still well worth it.
    Thanks!