Thread: New member from Alabama! page

BamaAla is offline Member

New member from Alabama!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Howdy folks!

I'm a 28 y.o. male from Alabama, and I'm going primal. I only found out about this three days ago when some poster on a political website I frequent mentioned it. I bought the kindle version of the "Primal Blue Print" and the quick cook book and started reading immediately. I got hooked quickly. I've been off of grains for two days now and am doing alright thus far. I'm having some trouble picking out meals, but I'm sure with more reading from the book and this forum I will be comfortable in no time flat.

I think I'm going to pony up the bucks for the Primal Leap Kit just to have my hand held a little bit in the first few days and weeks. The folks around me aren't being totally supportive. Anyway, I look forward to learning from you veterans and new Groks alike!

Stats and goals:
    28 male
    6'1" 220lbs
    First and foremost, I'd like to get healthier and stay that way. Secondary, I would like to lose down to 190 or so.

BamaAla

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bama, welcome to the Primal Tribe. Good decision on getting the leap kit, it will help you quite a bit. There are also very good people round here, that offer all sorts of ideas/support/insight to this wonderful lifestyle. You're about 5lbs higher than from where I started, and I'm down to between 165-170 after almost 2 years of Primal living. The first bit of advice I can offer, is to ditch the grains/sugars(bad ones of course) ASAP. Clean out the pantry and fridge of all things that may tempt you. Eat clean and you will see/feel a huge difference. Good luck to you, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bama. Welcome to the PB. Hope you find it as beneficial as I have. Definitely stay off the grains and sugars. More important: stay away from the bad oils and fats.

What part of Alabama are you from? I was born in Gadsden.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Brewing The Chaos is offline Junior Member
    Greetings! I am also from Alabama. I live in Mobile, to be precise. Good luck on your primal journey. I hope it works out great for you.

BamaAla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Hey Bama, welcome to the Primal Tribe. Good decision on getting the leap kit, it will help you quite a bit. There are also very good people round here, that offer all sorts of ideas/support/insight to this wonderful lifestyle. You're about 5lbs higher than from where I started, and I'm down to between 165-170 after almost 2 years of Primal living. The first bit of advice I can offer, is to ditch the grains/sugars(bad ones of course) ASAP. Clean out the pantry and fridge of all things that may tempt you. Eat clean and you will see/feel a huge difference. Good luck to you, and Rock Out with your Grok Out!
    Thanks a lot for the reply! I'm elated to hear about your success and hope to emulate it myself. I'm doing well on the opening leg of this journey; one day at a time.

I ordered the leap kit earlier today, so that should help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    Hey Bama. Welcome to the PB. Hope you find it as beneficial as I have. Definitely stay off the grains and sugars. More important: stay away from the bad oils and fats.

What part of Alabama are you from? I was born in Gadsden.
    I haven't read along far enough to find the "bad oils and fats" yet. I hope I'm not mistakenly consuming them. I've got to get to reading

I'm from Cullman county. I did my undergraduate education at Jacksonville State and even took English 101 and 102 as a summer transient at Gadsden State. Small world!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewing The Chaos View Post
    Greetings! I am also from Alabama. I live in Mobile, to be precise. Good luck on your primal journey. I hope it works out great for you.
    Thank you Brewing The Chaos! My significant other's sister is marrying a guy from Mobile. We'll be down there for the wedding at the end of October. Again, small world.

Thanks for the encouragement