Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How "PB" is this meal? page

How "PB" is this meal?

Hi guys,

I'm very new to PB and I'm in the process of initiating change. So far this week I have not had any grains, have had SIGNIFICANTLY reduced dairy, increased greens and eggs. Meats as per usual. I've also decreased sugar as I am beginning to understand that this whole dealio is about insulin.

I made this meal the other night and was wondering how "PB" it is, because it tasted awesome and if it gets a tick, then I'll make it again. And again.

Basically it was a stirfry that was made out of: Squid; Garlic; Chili; Ginger; Basil; Coriander; Bok Choy; Carrots; Broccoli; Capsicum; Vermicelli Rice Noodles; Soy Sauce & Oyster Sauce.

Specifically its the last three items I'm unsure of.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    rice is a grain

soy sauce is, get this, made of soy.

not doing so good.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You got 9 out of 13 right.

Ditch the vermicelli.

Ditch the oyster sauce. (Have you seen what's in that stuff?"

Switch out your soy sauce for wheat-free tamari.

That's much better.

And if you want a "fishy" taste, throw in a bit of good quality anchovy paste. Just a bit. Or some actual anchovies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    rice is a grain

not doing so good.
    Jamie, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but to me your post, specifically the soy bit, comes off like a completely condescending smart-ass. I'm still waiting on my book to arrive and I'm still working my way through the criss-cross of this website to find banned foods. I didn't realise that soy was off limits and I understand I have a steep learning curve.

So, out of 15 meals, one had some grain and soy in it. I'd say I'm doing pretty good for week one. Thanks for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    You got 9 out of 13 right.

Ditch the vermicelli.

Ditch the oyster sauce. (Have you seen what's in that stuff?"

Switch out your soy sauce for wheat-free tamari.

That's much better.

And if you want a "fishy" taste, throw in a bit of good quality anchovy paste. Just a bit. Or some actual anchovies.
    Awesome tips! Thanks

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    rice is a grain

not doing so good.
    Jerk
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    You're going to find a lot of smartasses here, don't let them discourage you. Many of them usually have very good advice and information once you get past the sarcasm. Sounds like you're doing great, making small changes is how I started. And I second the wheat-free tamari sauce instead of the soy, it's much tastier too.

Thanks spincycle. Good to know!!

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed The Monkeys View Post
    Jamie, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but to me your post, specifically the soy bit, comes off like a completely condescending smart-ass. I'm still waiting on my book to arrive and I'm still working my way through the criss-cross of this website to find banned foods. I didn't realise that soy was off limits and I understand I have a steep learning curve.

So, out of 15 meals, one had some grain and soy in it. I'd say I'm doing pretty good for week one. Thanks for your support.

The PB cookbooks say I can use the wheat free tamari- then by all means I WILL lol! Sounds good to me

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The soy sauce isn't bad because of the soy. The soy is fermented so Mark says it's okay because a lot of the toxins are removed through fermentation. But soy sauce is really made with wheat....and that's the killer. Like someone said the Tamari wheat free is fine.

Ditch the rice noodles. You can use grated cauliflower to serve it on if you need something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast