Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How "PB" is this meal? page 2

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpack-rc View Post
    The soy sauce isn't bad because of the soy. The soy is fermented so Mark says it's okay because a lot of the toxins are removed through fermentation. But soy sauce is really made with wheat....and that's the killer. Like someone said the Tamari wheat free is fine.

Ditch the rice noodles. You can use grated cauliflower to serve it on if you need something.
    I concur cauliflower- I prefer it over rice any day- delish!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jammies is offline Senior Member
    If you want to avoid soy completely you could try coconut aminos. They are actually pretty tasty. I do still use wheat free tamari once in a while, but usually use the coconut aminos instead. You can also buy fish sauce to add to your stir fry instead of oyster sauce. It is not sweet but has good flavor (don't let the nasty smell food you ) - I have read that the Red Boat brand only has fermented anchovy and no other crap.

As for the noodles, I have found that the pre-shredded broccoli slaw you can buy in the grocery store works really well for noodles in asian dishes. It is very mild and take on a noodle-like texture when sauteed. Yummy!!

Thanks so much for all the advice and tips guys!! I probably would never have considered grated cauli or shredded broccoli.. and I'd never heard of the wheat-free tamari!! Brilliant. Thanks so much! :-)

Fury is offline Senior Member
    yeah, that broccoli/cauliflower slaw works wonders for stir-fries, playing with the cooking time can lead to several interesting textures

as for the rice noodles, a better choice than wheat noodle, but only a possible non-primal treat depending on your numbers & goals if the carbs can be budgeted for

Biggie is offline Junior Member
    I am kind of in the same boat you are "DFTM."

What really helped me was to find this shopping list. It is from this website, and is a quick list Mark put together of what we can eat. Basically, I live off this list. If it's on the list, I eat it; if it's not, I don't.

Tamari is amazing; it tastes almost the same as Soy Sauce. Understand this diet is on the 80/20 belief system. 80% good, 20% bad. I try to "stockpile" up my 20% then go to a place here in gilbert called "Takamatsu" once a month for the "All-You-Can-Eat Sushi." Still, if you want to slip up a bit and use regular soy sauce, no one here should give you grief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12