Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting for the pounds to "melt off" page 3

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Yes it can. It comes up very often in the training world. People thinking they're doing the right thing, cutting their calories too much (calories in calories out again), and stalling for months because they don't meet their body's needs. Looking at what he eats in a day, eating less probably isn't the answer.
    I concede...after reading what he was eating I think you might be right...as in this is one of those cases of far too low calorie with excessive cardio. Try eating a bit more.

dado Guest
    You could also go on a 40 day fast like John Bishop in his seminal work, 'the santa barbara diet'.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    I'm 163 at 5''11 right now (damn BJJ stops any unnecessary muscle gain)
    I don't get what this means. Explain yourself!

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    I think all the people telling you to eat more or less calories are well intended but wrong. Eat when you are hungry. If you are hungry, EAT! As long as you are eating the right foods your body will tell you when it's time. (And as long as you aren't eating tons of fruit to satisfy a sugar craving you're fine)
    I agree with the people saying to do intermittent fasting, it's very primal and can help you get past plateaus. I wouldn't overdo it though, at least not at first. Maybe start with an occasional one day fast?
    Last edited by Freedish; 09-29-2011 at 02:21 PM.

mmmpork is offline Member
    How late at night are you eating "dessert"? That could also have some impact. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day, anything "sweet" like fruit is eaten early in the day. Maybe that would help?

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I don't get what this means. Explain yourself!
    Sorry, that's my crappy english. I just meant all the muscle I had for vanity's sake is gone. I was 175lbs at around 12% bf last year when I started BJJ and I just melted off. I even went a little under 160 for a while this summer (more biking and more soccer) and I didn't like it at all.

I found out I can train where I work during lunch, I'll see if some good old deadlifts and squats will help put some mass back on.

mcbeitz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmpork View Post
    How late at night are you eating "dessert"? That could also have some impact. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day, anything "sweet" like fruit is eaten early in the day. Maybe that would help?
    Dessert, and dinner, tend to be pretty late. Usually between 9-10p. I usually go to bed between 11:30-12, so there is some time for digestion. I have been known to eat pretty soon before bed though.

Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    You eat too often and too much. If you are not losing weight, most likely your caloric intake is exceeding your caloric expense. But here is what is absolutely true: if your caloric expense exceeds your caloric intake (obviously over time), you will lose weight.
    Have you checked out the book "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes? You might find it interesting.

Thanks!

Primetimegirl is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    lol, eating more (other than in very extreme circumstances of low calorie and huge amounts of cardio) is not going to cause someone to lose weight.
    That's not true for everyone. I was averaging about 1500 calories a day and was not losing any weight. I posted on here and many people said to cut calories I was eating way too much for my size. When in fact when I added more food and lots of it I started dropping weight. So everyone is different.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast