Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting for the pounds to "melt off" page 2

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    lol, eating more (other than in very extreme circumstances of low calorie and huge amounts of cardio) is not going to cause someone to lose weight.
    Yes it can. It comes up very often in the training world. People thinking they're doing the right thing, cutting their calories too much (calories in calories out again), and stalling for months because they don't meet their body's needs. Looking at what he eats in a day, eating less probably isn't the answer.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Track your intake. After a week or two look at the data, see if there are any trends. What's your intake? What's your output?

Are you honest about what you're eating? Nuts are pretty much a waste, as are beer, wine, spirits, etc.

Look for the intake that may not be readily apparent, you're eating too much from the way it sounds.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    You eat too often and too much. If you are not losing weight, most likely your caloric intake is exceeding your caloric expense. But here is what is absolutely true: if your caloric expense exceeds your caloric intake (obviously over time), you will lose weight.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Since nobody else has suggested it yet, I highly recommend giving intermittent fasting (IF) a try. Here are a few good blog posts on its benefits:

The Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

How To: Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

From my experience, I ate fairly strictly primally for ~1.5 years with no fat loss at all. Immediately upon trying IF (literally, from the first meal I skipped!), I *finally* felt the fat loss happening, and have been consistently dropping pounds for the last few months that I've been making IF a regular habit. For some people, your body really needs an extended, 14+-hour period to burn fat, without constantly being beseiged with food to process.

dado Guest
    you gotta squat

scooby is offline Member
    Have you had your bodyfat percentage tested? You're active. You're my height and 15 lbs lighter than I am. And I'm at 15% bodyfat according to a Dexa scan. Meaning that 160 may be completely unrealistic for you. I have more than 160 lbs of lean mass, and I'm not really all that muscular.

Nothing really jumps out at me from your posted diet. It's hard to quantify what's in a "primal muffin" but otherwise you don't seem to be eating all that little or all that much (obviously half and half or cocanut cream can really skew calorie counts depending on how much you use).

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Have you had your bodyfat percentage tested? You're active. You're my height and 15 lbs lighter than I am. And I'm at 15% bodyfat according to a Dexa scan. Meaning that 160 may be completely unrealistic for you. I have more than 160 lbs of lean mass, and I'm not really all that muscular.

Nothing really jumps out at me from your posted diet. It's hard to quantify what's in a "primal muffin" but otherwise you don't seem to be eating all that little or all that much (obviously half and half or cocanut cream can really skew calorie counts depending on how much you use).
    What jumps out is that she doesn't squat. How can you be anything in this world without squatting?

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    Since nobody else has suggested it yet, I highly recommend giving intermittent fasting (IF) a try. Here are a few good blog posts on its benefits:

The Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

How To: Intermittent Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

From my experience, I ate fairly strictly primally for ~1.5 years with no fat loss at all. Immediately upon trying IF (literally, from the first meal I skipped!), I *finally* felt the fat loss happening, and have been consistently dropping pounds for the last few months that I've been making IF a regular habit. For some people, your body really needs an extended, 14+-hour period to burn fat, without constantly being beseiged with food to process.
    +1

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dboxing View Post
    +1
    X Infinity

Bump the eggs to 4 (cooked in coconut oil) and add a half an avocado.

And cut out the snacks too. Your body does not need the insulin spike.

otzi Guest
    I think the pounds only 'melt away' on people starting PB pretty overweight. I went from 220 to 185 almost overnight (OK, 3 months), and then stalled. It's taken 6 mo to get from 185 to 175. You seem to be where most of us are trying to get! I wouldn't sweat it, give it a year and really focus hard on eating according to PB and exercising similarly. The more paleo fringe stuff I try, the more I realize I should've just stuck to the blueprint.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast